GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my truck back from the shop i put a djm 4/6 on it! In the front it sits one inch higher on the passenger side, my cuzzin had the same prob.! have any of you had this problem or do you know what i can do?

everything i lowered it with is:
4" control arms
6" flip kit
toxic shocks in the back only

I still need to get shackles for the back to even it out!!

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for the front?

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a set of shackles or just one? if so how much and what brand?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
It is entirely possible that the coil on the high side isn't settled properly. If it's sitting funny in the lca or it's not set right in the upper spring cup than it would be 1" taller.

Cameron

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Physh1 said:
It is entirely possible that the coil on the high side isn't settled properly. If it's sitting funny in the lca or it's not set right in the upper spring cup than it would be 1" taller.

Cameron
if the spring is not in the control arms right, do i have to take it apart and fix it or will it fall into place after driven it a little??

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
It may pop into place...your other option is to use a spring compressor to compress it and readjust until it seats correctly.

Cameron

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I got half way around the block and mine popped into place and it dropped the front driver side a good inch. It was very loud when it went into place too. Has your truck been aligned yet? Its always a good idea to take a short test drive before you align it for this reason :)

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
My truck sat 3/4 of an inch off in the front .. you can't really tell it by looking .. even bagged at the same air pressure I don't sit level side to side, so lately I've been running about 4lbs more in my drivers side (it's off even without me in the truck)

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
y2ksierra- it hasn't been aligned yet! I figured i would wait till i get this right!!

03rado- i will get some pics soon and post them!!

Also my driver side tire looks bowed in, could this be because it is one inch higher on the passanger side or because it hasn't been aligned yet??

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
The "bowed in" part is mainly the alignment. Once you get that coil settled than align is asap.

Cameron

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
:word: again to cameron. The "bowed in" is negative camber. I had it pretty bad but when my truck was aligned all of it was pulled out and it is normal again :)

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took it to the shop today and he told me that my springs are in there fine!!! when he lowered it he took off the sway bar because he said i need shorter bushings, he told me that could be the reason it is one inch higher on one side!! i ordered the parts and gonna put the sway bar back on friday!! do you think that could be the problem??

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Errr.....never seen a bar hold a truck up BUT shorter links won't hurt. Whit the bar removed is the truck level now?

Cameron

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Physh1 said:
Errr.....never seen a bar hold a truck up BUT shorter links won't hurt. Whit the bar removed is the truck level now?

Cameron
the bar was taken out the day it was lowered!! thats why he said it might be higher cuz of the sway bar being out!!

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Oh...higher because the bar is out....hmmm...doesn't make much sense to me. I don't think that is the problem.

Cameron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts