GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took me long enough! I'm glad Aarons a buddy and not a customer.. LOL Its been here at the shop for a little over a year. Work has me pretty busy but now its kind of tapering off and I get more free time then before. So anyway pics are up loading and I'll post in a few.

SFBD, built frame from fire wall back, narrowed front end, upper and lower a arms, heim steering ends, tri 4 link, slam bags up front, sleeved in rear, narrowed rear end, etc....

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
picz

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL!! There loading. Its loading pic 22 of 29

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lays good, not feelin the half color change or body work on the tailgate, but wEva.

How much lift does it have?
Truck is going in for paint and body soon. The front gets about 3" above the tire and the rear probably about the same. Its currently set up for a 24" tire out back so it doesnt get as much lift as it could. I need to put in a 3" spacer or so underneathe the bag to get more lift out back.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
any info regarding the heim steerig joints?

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
Awesome. :drool:

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Glad you changed the mounting points above the rearend. I was wondering when you'd finish it haha. Looks good

Question though, are you using the stock LCA mounts? I only ask because it looks like you flipped the steering arm to the bottom of the spindle.

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i like the way it lays on those 20s thats what they are right. thats exactly how i want my next nbs to sit if i get one. 4" body on 20s with a 255/40 tire
dont forget to tighten those jam nuts ont eh steering heims
Yeah there 20's, jam nuts are tight now thanks.. LOL

any info regarding the heim steerig joints?
Yeah pretty simple. Its just a adapter that excepts the heim on one end and the tie rod on the other. Depending on your set up you'll need to make the adapter shorter. If you have stock front end and not narrowed you just make the heim and adapter the same lenght as the tie rod end.

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you changed the mounting points above the rearend. I was wondering when you'd finish it haha. Looks good

Question though, are you using the stock LCA mounts? I only ask because it looks like you flipped the steering arm to the bottom of the spindle.
Took me over a year, lol slow and steady. I used the stock lower arm mounts and stock spindles. I flipped the lower control arm so that it bolted on the bottom side of the spindle and flipped the steering arm too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts