GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded this for my current truck in 2012, appears it spent quite some time sitting somewhere before being auctioned to this place. When I traded it the tires were smoked (the ones that are still on it apparently) rear end was clunking, brakes were gone, rockers were starting to get bad, bumper was starting to rust and it had a salvage title as it was a Katrina truck. I got 4k in trade and was excited to get that. They want twice that now? Good luck.

You can see my gmfs mods that I did on a budget as this was my college ride (you can even see the diablosport sitting under the rear set in the orange box) they need to be slapped for adding that ugly ass thing on the back.

https://www.asmsearch.com/2003-Chev...o-Solutions-Magazine/18006306865/lN0cLP3lw8E=

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know exactly how they work, but asking that amount for even a clean titled one with that mileage is crazy

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,694 Posts
How do you think they make a profit after buying it from you for $4000? Apparently you don't know how it works

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who said they bought it from me? The fact they are asking that money and not even saying it's a crap title is what gets me

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't trade it there, as I said these people bought it at auction. The dealer I traded it in at knew it was a piece of shit. Id be interested to see what it did indeed sell for at auction. Do you not understand how that works?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,694 Posts
I didn't trade it there, as I said these people bought it at auction. The dealer I traded it in at knew it was a piece of shit. Id be interested to see what it did indeed sell for at auction.
Depends on the dealer. Some won't keep anything under $5k on the lot.

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
That's too bad looked like it had a lot of potential few years back.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Damn some people need to stop being assholes. OP, I keep searching for some of my older vehicles to see what they are selling for or just their current shape, condition, etc. How did you come across yours?

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had an old registration kicking around just by chance, I punched the vin in on yahoo and that was the first thing that came up. The only thing I miss about it was the color and bose.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
You miss the Bose?

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, It was much better than what I have now. I'm not into audio at all so as long as it hits a little bit and doesn't distort I don't care.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I traded in my '06 F150 last month for $7k and the dealer actually cleaned it up and put it out for $12k. Its gone so apparently they sold it.
It had 134k, rust bubbles on both bed sides, a huge tear in the seat and the limited slip needed clutch packs. I don't know why anybody would pay that money for that truck, especially considering I only paid $14,700 for it with 48k in 2009.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
1gtec14vx4z159439

Vin number to my first baby and the first new car I ever bought. Looks like it has been salvaged. :(

Mr. 960

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
That's never A fun thing to find you old truck ready for a crusher :yucky:

My First car when I just turned 17 was a 2000 Grand Am I had $800 bucks into. I drove it into the ground over the course of a winter and drove it to a scrap yard and got $255 for car, $65 for stereo on kijiji.

I still see my 3rd (previous to my Silverado) driving around town all the time

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I want to find my old truck and buy it back just hope its still as clean as when I sold it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts