Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres some pics:
DSCN0505.gif

DSCN0508.gif

DSCN0509.gif

DSCN0506.gif

so now i got a question. the wheels on the front are rubbing on the lca i think near the ball joint when i make tight turns. which means no more u-turns for me. the guy who dropped it for me said its cuz the backspacing on the wheels is wrong. so has anyone else had this problem? if so how did you fix it besides buying new rims?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Looks good!

Did you use spindles to drop it? If so i believe you will have to trim the rain gutters from the LCA to prevent the rubbing...

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
The guy that dropped it for you should have trimmed the "rain gutter" about 3.5" to the back on the LCA because you're running stockers. Do that and you'll be fine with the stocker OR

just use it as an excuse to ger new wheels.... :crazy:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
tallassguy said:
so now i got a question. the wheels on the front are rubbing on the lca i think near the ball joint when i make tight turns. which means no more u-turns for me. the guy who dropped it for me said its cuz the backspacing on the wheels is wrong. so has anyone else had this problem? if so how did you fix it besides buying new rims?
How can the backspacing on a factory rim on the truck it originally came on be wrong? That guy is an idiot :idiot: What drop did you go with, is it all done with lower control arms in the front? Anyways it looks good, would look better with different wheels and tires though :read:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used spindles and coil springs to drop the front. im taking it that the "rain gutter" is that lip on the lca? if im right, he did a cut it a little bit but didnt want to do it all the way cuz he didnt talk to me about it before he finished it and didnt want it breaking on me. anyways, if he does cut it enough to where the rim doesnt rub, will the lca still be strong enough to not break?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
yes, the control arms will be plenty strong enough. Everyone whom uses spindles with stock wheels has the rubbage problem. Bust out the grinder :head:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
if he does cut it enough to where the rim doesnt rub, will the lca still be strong enough to not break?
Yeah they'll be strong enough I have alot of friends with 88-98 and they all have theirs trimmed.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the feedback guys :bowtie: hopefully i'll have new wheels by summer time

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got another question. im probly gonna go with a 20" rim. whats the widest rim size i can get without having rubbing problems? the guy that did my installation said that the widest i can do should be 8". he also said to get a rim with 3 1/2" or less of backspacing. so im just checking to see if he was right. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If I'm not mistaken you need a wheel with a 5.5" backspacing. My friend has that on his 92 that's lowered 5/7 with 20x8.5's and he has no problems at all.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
way2hi said:
If I'm not mistaken you need a wheel with a 5.5" backspacing. My friend has that on his 92 that's lowered 5/7 with 20x8.5's and he has no problems at all.
hmm, well i also saw on the instruction paper that came for the spindles that wheels with a backspacing of more than 3.5" would probly have rubbing issues

1 - 13 of 13 Posts