GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of hadley horns (http://www.hadley-products.com/catal...t&div=3&cat=38) and am wondering what you guys usually borrow power from for stuff like this? I want it so that the compressor can't run without the ignition on.... I checked out the bottom of the fuse box and that is really a mess to try to "t" into, any good suggestions? I also am looking for a good place to get a couple of wires through the firewall, where is a good spot to do this?

please note that I would prefer that the compressor only has power when the ignition is turned on!! Does anyone have any experience with using any of the accessory spots in the fuse box? How do you attach wires to that stuff? I took that apart and it is just a mess of wires!!

I have an '03 silverado by the way. I figured I would ask first, hopefully someone has something insightful to say about this....

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Just run a fused wire from the battery to the compressor with an on/off switch inside the cab so you can turn it on whenever you want. Im assuming the compressor has a pressure switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it does have a pressure switch. I hear you what you are saying, but I would still prefer it to be ignition powered, that way when my truck is not running there is no way for the battery to get drained. I am a big fan of the auto shut off that it does when a light or something else in the interior is left on!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts