GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 2007 Sierra a few weeks ago, as I was looking to get into something a little newer and lower mileage. It took a couple of weeks to find exactly what I was looking for, but I ended up getting lucky and finding the truck I wanted at a local dealer. So anyway, here she is..

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD. Duramax. LTZ with black leather, navigation, etc.

I am loving the truck so far. Future plans.. I am considering doing the colormatched front end. In the spring, I will definitely level the truck, wheels and tires and probably some NFabs.

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,669 Posts
Welcome to the duramax world. Just a leveling kit with 295 trails or toyo mts look awesome on these trucks. Currently waiting on tires and I'll slap those wheels and tires on mine.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I would like to do a color-matched front end. I was considering maybe just vinyl wrapping the chrome grill and bumper, but not sure what I would do with the lower valence. I may end up trying to find some paint-able pieces.

I run a custom wheel and tire shop for a living, so I will definitely be doing wheels and tires here before long. I would really like to run 22's with 35's with a level and fender mod, but not sure how feasible that will be. One benefit to having a wheel shop is there are plenty of wheels and tires in stock to test fitments!

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,669 Posts
Lemme get that tarz hook up :iranmaybe:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Nice truck. Match the front end for sure!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can hook it up!

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She's starting to look like a truck now! I just finished installing a Cognito leveling kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks all around. For wheels, I went with another set from BMF. This time, went with the REPR's in Death Metal Black and wrapped them with 35x12.50 AMP Terrain Master Mud Terrain's. Also installed a set of NFAB's.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the tires really well.. This is my fourth for fifth set. I run a custom wheel and tire shop for a living, so I go through wheels pretty often. The AMP's are really a great bang for the buck tire, as they'll save you about $100 per tire as compared to a Nitto or Toyo MT.

The wheels are 20x9 +0MM with 35x12.50 tires. I'm clearing them with about a half inch of rake, and the fender mod.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Got about 5 inches of snow the other night.. This bitch is a tank in the snow!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone..

My shop is on the north side of Lexington. West New Circle Road. Next to the Liquor Barn at the corner of Broadway and New Circle. Rimtyme Custom Wheels and Tires.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts