GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 09 GMC in yesterday and it has 10 1/2" on it now. I have coilovers on the way to give it a little more. I also have a bull bar to put on, vent visors, a programmer, exhaust, 4:56 gears, tint, and new UCA's all going on next week. I have 22x12 rims that will be here in a few days. I have two choices of what tire to go with because thats all they make in the damn 22's. I can choose a 37-13.50 or a 40-14 and that is it. I am still looking for tips on what will clear once I get my coilovers to bring it to 12" of lift. I plan on trying to get the 40s in there but I am expecting issues. I will try to do whatever it takes to get the 40's to clear. More pics soon to come with tires, rims, and other stuff.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
I I also have a bull bar to put on, vent visors,
:nono:

Ditch all the chrome shit for colormatched pieces :imo

Now way you'll fit 40s with just 10.5" lift AND x12" wheels. 37s will be the max that will fit but that'll look good

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Now way you'll fit 40s with just 10.5" lift AND x12" wheels. 37s will be the max that will fit but that'll look good
I also have coilovers on the way that can be adjusted to give me another 2" or so. Is there anything I can do to add more semi easily. Now is just the 7 1/2" suspension and 3" body.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts

Some people like their cheapo chrome. I think 37's would look just fine on it.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
I also have coilovers on the way that can be adjusted to give me another 2" or so. Is there anything I can do to add more semi easily. Now is just the 7 1/2" suspension and 3" body.
Not really not without more differential drop. With your lift you only have 5" of differential drop. Anything more is gonna give you really shitty CV angles. You dont want 40s on a 10 bolt axle anyways :whoa:

·
2,325 Posts
Great looking truck. I hope you are talking about a custom BB tune for it and not a Hypercrap, you will see far greater results from the BB than you ever would from teh Hyper and other ones out there.

Also, What part of FL are you in?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great looking truck. I hope you are talking about a custom BB tune for it and not a Hypercrap, you will see far greater results from the BB than you ever would from teh Hyper and other ones out there.

Also, What part of FL are you in?
Thanks. Im in Tallahassee. I dont know what kind of tuner it was the guy is using but it is definitely not hypertech. BB?

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
nothing like cobbling a new truck together...:nono:..do it right or don't do it at all :imo

your starting with a brand new truck, dig deep and by the big lift and do it right, i will never understand this

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nothing like cobbling a new truck together...:nono:..do it right or don't do it at all :imo

your starting with a brand new truck, dig deep and by the big lift and do it right, i will never understand this
There is not a bigger lift that I found for an 09. What gears would be recommended with 40's? It is the 6.2L. No need to laugh. I would not be here asking for help if I knew exactly what I was doing.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts