GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im looking into getting a full size blazer for next winter and for offroading on the weekend. Just curious what kind of gas mileage you guys are getting. Lifted or not just let me know, thx!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
never got over 13mpg on the highway stock...then again 308 gears sucked. I did get over 10 mpg city tho with 40s and 5.13s.

·
Registered
777 Posts
maybe 12 if I am lucky that is rolling on 33s no lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man thats horrid, lol. I just need one for offroading and REALLY snowy days anyway so i doubt 10 mpg will stop me form getting one in the future considering i wouldnt be driving it long distances. Which years would you guys recommend to look at? i just need something thats easy to work on and not to expensive.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
yeah the 89K5 rolling on 35"s got about 12mpg give or take, not entirely accurate since the speedo was off but it was pretty shitty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'M ROLLIN 39.5/18/15 Tsl's SUPER SWAMPERS W/ A 350ci_BORD TO .04_ carb.700 double pump .. HAS A LOT TO W/ WIGHT AND ENGIEN SIZE. SO I SAY I'M ABOUT 9-10 MPG

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I'M ROLLIN 39.5/18/15 Tsl's SUPER SWAMPERS W/ A 350ci_BORD TO .04_ carb.700 double pump .. HAS A LOT TO W/ WIGHT AND ENGIEN SIZE. SO I SAY I'M ABOUT 9-10 MPG
what a shitty first post...

it has very little to do with engine size. its about gearing. deeper gears off the line, high enough gears on the highway...the closer the gears in between, the better off you will be.

and so now your mileage is what you say it is?? eh, i dont think so. not knowing your gearing and trans, i bet 8 in the city would be about the best that thing does...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like a big diesel, but the bad thing is these old blazers are so rare around toronto. The winters just kill them. Damn municipalitys OVER salt on the daily. Its so rare to find one that has an alright body thats under 10 g's or even close

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I would like a big diesel, but the bad thing is these old blazers are so rare around toronto. The winters just kill them. Damn municipalitys OVER salt on the daily. Its so rare to find one that has an alright body thats under 10 g's or even close
Sucks man, there are plenty rust free ones out here. Mine is undergeared a bit, but that helps on flat highway stretches. I get 13-14 straight highway, 9-11 in town.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts