GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my K&N 77 in this afternoon and promptly installed it when I got home. The install wasn't bad at all, BUT the damn gasket for the airbox .. K&N seriously needs to figure a better way, getting that gasket on the edge of the airbox and around the corners was a BITCH ... the truck SOUNDS unbelievable, a real throaty sound ... did it add horsepower? Not sure, it feels stronger, but that could all be mental from the nice new sound :LOL: Regardless I like it, and it brings some bling to my engine compartment and keeps it from looking bone stock :head:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
:head:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad-N-Black00 said:
how much that little beauty cost ya?
$241 from Summit Racing ...the black plastic K&N FIPK is $254 .. ain't that some shit? The tube isn't chrome, it's actually polished aluminum .. it came in with a few minor scratches on it, so I might polish it this weekend .. just have to be careful around the K&N sticker.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey guys...yea those are awesome new kits they released. Very similar (polished tube) to the ones offered by AEM (brut force series). if any of you are interested in our special pricing, drop me a PM and I will see what I can do for you !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts