GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone comment on gas mileage after installing one (or a similar system)? With gas like it is, I was thinking I might get one if it will help any with gas mileage ... ya know, sometimes got to spend some money to save some in the long run. Thanks.

BTW: I'm thinking of getting the new chrome one, best price so far $241, has anyone seen it lower?

77-3021KP.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
i've had mine installed for about a year now and everytime i check it i always get at least 20mpg. i baby the throttle though, gas is getting to damn high to be going through a tank every couple of days. :rockon:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I have one and didnt notice much better gas mileage maybe 1mpg but the power and response had some nice gains! I get like 10mpg on streets but then again im running 38" tires and these guys seem to have nice sporty trucks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, I only saw .5-1 mpg increase after installing my Volant.

·
Truck Nut
1,476 Posts
I say about 1 mpg increase

This is what t looks like installed.
The crome isn't all that great but looks better than plastic.

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Where did you find that kit for $241? Everywhere I looked just has the plastic FIPK II kit...I like the looks of this new series over the plastic one.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Z71Edge said:
Where did you find that kit for $241? Everywhere I looked just has the plastic FIPK II kit...I like the looks of this new series over the plastic one.
Jegs or Summit both had it, Crutchfield as well.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
02denali said:
i think i have around $70.00 bucks into it.
Nice Job! Looks bought, not built!

I just ordered my K&N 77-Series, won't ship till about June 2 though .. I've asked Allen to set my tune up for it, so hopefully I will like the combination and with my flows to boot.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I have an FIPK on my Z71...didn't notice any economy gains until I got it tuned by Allen.

It sure sounds a HELL of a lot better at WOT though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts