GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im on the market for a new lift for a 91 k5 blazer with 15x14s and 33s. what would be my best bet 4'' or 6''? ive been looking at the rough country 6'' and the superlift 6'' because im on a budget. Any opinions on what i should buy? thanks

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
i've seen a lot of the guys on pirate4x4 slam both of those lifts and the procomp one as well. but those guys also love to do a lot of custom fabrication too. never ridden in any of them but I too a while back was feeling the lifted K5 Blazer bug. unfortunately all of them around here going for a decent price were rusted apart in too many areas to take seriously so I backed out and those that weren't rusted people wanted like $6k or more for. good luck with it they look great when done right!

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Do 6". Also, if the K5 isn't your daily, don't worry about the ride. Most any off the shelf lift spring for that era will ride like shit.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Do 6". Also, if the K5 isn't your daily, don't worry about the ride. Most any off the shelf lift spring for that era will ride like shit.
Thanks for the clarification man. I really didn't know what to tell him other than what I had read over there about those lifts. I still would love a lifted K5 on 37's though haha

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Well, the 6" is just my opinion. I don't know what kind of look you are going for, but kind of sounds like OG CenCal. With 4" of lift and the wheels/tires you're considering it would look to "june-bug", to me.

This truck has 33s on 15x14 wheels and 9" of lift. It looks great to me, but I think 3" lower would be spot on for my own likes.
4wd-chevrolet-suspension-lift-9-weld-racing-super-single-polished-super-aggressive-3_zpsvsqiugbw.jpg

4wd-chevrolet-suspension-lift-9-weld-racing-super-single-polished-super-aggressive-3_zpsxqbbralw.jpg

4wd-chevrolet-suspension-lift-9-weld-racing-super-single-polished-super-aggressive-3_zpsqe15edg2.jpg

4wd-chevrolet-suspension-lift-9-weld-racing-super-single-polished-super-aggressive-3_zpsmjkwerjr.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts