GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my infinity kappa 6.5 components and 4x6 plates installed, all i can say is damn. they sound nice, even running off the stock deck. rears took about 10 minutes each, fronts took about 2 hours each. my favorite part was taking the hole saw to the stock tweeters. i removed the silver mesh grilles from the component tweeters, they look better under the door panel grilles. anyhow the speakers are a perfect fit, just drill 4 holes and find some screws. no clearance problems. they sound phenomenal... next i gotta find a box for my perfect 10 and get a headunit so i can hook up the alpine 5 channel.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
onyx_silverado said:
sweet.. i have some kappas waiting to go in as well...
i wish i would have taken pics for a how-to, if you're not familiar with the door panels in this thing it can be a real bitch. the escalade handle install from FSC wasn't helpful, my '04 panels were a little different, and you don't need to take the nuts off that hold the mirror on. i became familiar quickly and can now remove one in 30 seconds. are you running comps only, or rear too? you have to do some cutting to get the tweeters in, nothing major.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i got,

Infinity Kappa 462.5cfp 4"x6" 2-way Plate Speakers for the rear

and

Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6-3/4" 2-way Speakers for the front.

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
So you are running your 6.5 components off your head unit only? I was wondering if that would sound OK, as that's what I plan on doing until I get an amp for them. But if they sound good enough, maybe I won't even worry about it.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
halecj said:
So you are running your 6.5 components off your head unit only? I was wondering if that would sound OK, as that's what I plan on doing until I get an amp for them. But if they sound good enough, maybe I won't even worry about it.
sounds good until u turn it up... then the sound goes flat.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
halecj said:
yes, they sound OK considering the stock unit sounds like it only puts out about 5w/channel. if you run a sub you'll need a 4-5 channel or powerful headunit because it will overpower them running off the stock headunit. 2 things i notice are there is very little bass, they don't respond well to the bass control on the stock unit. also i had my treble turned up as far as it went before the kappas, now it's below half. your best bet is to run them off an amp or aftermarket headunit.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
will i have to worry about taking out my stock tweeters w/ those 6 3/4" speakers i bought? how does it look under the speaker grill? are the tweeters and mids on the same plate?

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
onyx_silverado said:
will i have to worry about taking out my stock tweeters w/ those 6 3/4" speakers i bought? how does it look under the speaker grill? are the tweeters and mids on the same plate?
no, the 6.75s mount to the inner door and the tweeters mount to the door panels. you'll see what i mean when you tear it apart. the midrange looks sweet under the grille, i'll shoot a pic.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
post the pic bro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts