GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, what do you guys think about planning a road trip for next year. I was thinking Katemcy Park in Mason Texas! I'm emailed, PM'd and read posts from lot of guys from Texas that considered themselves good friends of Jason's even though they only met him through the forums and magazine articles. So, I've been thinking how cool it would be to caravan to Texas (only 4 days and 1300 miles each way from California) and then wheel while there for about 3 or 4 days next spring with Jason’s Texas friends, what do you guys think? I know we are talking a lot of fuel from California but if we can get 3 guys per tow rig and everyone splits the fuel, heck it will only cost one years salary. I just wanted to get people thinking, it would be a once in a lifetime experience – especially as old as I am.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Ken. When Geoff came down to Louisiana to visit with myself (Marcus) and Cajun4x4 Drew), I mentioned to him that i had been to to Katemcy in Mason,Tx with good firends of mine and want to go back. Geoff was uncertain if he will make it to this trip depending on his schedule. It is refered too as the "Moab of Texas". I personally loved the time i was there for Memmorial day. On a side noe right before i made that trip, my ffiends that invited me are fom Lake Charles, LA and they travel to Sealy,Tx to meet with other wheeling buddies. Well one guy that usually wheels Krocks has a CCLB 4 linked on Air bags. Sure enough my buddy Shelby sent me a text message with a picture of the White CCLB truggy and sure enough there was a "RIP Jason Payne" memorial sticker on it. Here is the truck i always refer to as " The truck like Jason's" You can see the sticker on the back cab
005.jpg

Enough rambling. My crew usually goes to Katemcy for Memorial day weekend and wheel there for the whole weekend and head back home. I do plan on towing my toyota out there this year and would be honored if you could manage to drag yourself, Esteban, Geoff, and Kyle out here to Wheel.
We shall keep in touch. You can pm me if you would like telephone numbers and such. Talk to you soon.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,892 Posts
Marcus I would deffinatly want to make that trip. I doubt the tahoe would be built for it but would love to tag along as a rider!

Would love to meet the Cali guys that love to do what we do. AKA work and spend lots of money on our trucks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts