GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These pics make everything lighter then it is... The outside is the same color as the factory dash and everything, dark graphite, and the insert is Lt. grey and its alot darker then the pics show... But I love them, the feel, the smell, everything... It fit like a glove and only took 2 hours start to finish with help of a professional, but I did most the work since he is a friend of the family and did it for free...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288242891

Last 4 pics in the album...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Looks great, too see the pics everyone will have to cut and paste the links adding ".orig.jpg" to the end.

Looks 100% better than my GM "pleather"

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The actual seat wasnt to bad, just not much room to get your hand up and under there.. One word of caution, you dont need to take the cup holder out... We tried and broke mine... If you pull back on the seat after you unclip the plastic underneath it will come out... The console part, we only changed the bottom portion, we didnt change the top around the plastic peice, since I ordered dark graphite its so close to a match we didnt worry about it.. Also on the bottom part of the colsole you have to use some glue around the edges and tuck it in, so when you take it off it just pulls out... And make sure to unplug all wires underneath... You also dont have to take the entire seat out, the bottom cushion comes out with 2 bolts at the top underneath the front of the seat, and then 2 pegs in the back slide out of the metal... Im so glad I had help from someone that does it for a living or it would have been alot harder... But 2 hours with me doing most the work wasnt bad...
I think I may get the light grey to go on the door inserts since the insert they sent was the dark graphite which is what it already is... If you order them and have any trouble let me know, and I can help you through it...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
The actual seat wasnt to bad, just not much room to get your hand up and under there.. One word of caution, you dont need to take the cup holder out... We tried and broke mine... If you pull back on the seat after you unclip the plastic underneath it will come out... The console part, we only changed the bottom portion, we didnt change the top around the plastic peice, since I ordered dark graphite its so close to a match we didnt worry about it.. Also on the bottom part of the colsole you have to use some glue around the edges and tuck it in, so when you take it off it just pulls out... And make sure to unplug all wires underneath... You also dont have to take the entire seat out, the bottom cushion comes out with 2 bolts at the top underneath the front of the seat, and then 2 pegs in the back slide out of the metal... Im so glad I had help from someone that does it for a living or it would have been alot harder... But 2 hours with me doing most the work wasnt bad...
I think I may get the light grey to go on the door inserts since the insert they sent was the dark graphite which is what it already is... If you order them and have any trouble let me know, and I can help you through it...
Cool bro thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll get a hold of you when I order mine! I was thinking the same thing on the console part too. Since ours are already leather, well vinyl probably. I also have the same color inside as you. I was thinking of just taking the whole seat out and bring the bitch inside and working on it like that.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could take it all out and do that if you wanted... It would be easier but take more time... But you are correct on the top part, its vinyl and they send vinyl to pu there... The Katzkin I believe is leather on the front and then vinly on the back.. The insert for the top of the console and the doors were vinly... So we just didnt mess with it... but if I would have ordered a different color for the wrap color then I would have replaced it... I also have my sub box covered the the same vinly that is on the top of the console... So it all blends good...

But the feel of the seat and the smell, and the overall look of them makes it stand out alot more then a stock interior...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
You could take it all out and do that if you wanted... It would be easier but take more time... But you are correct on the top part, its vinyl and they send vinyl to pu there... The Katzkin I believe is leather on the front and then vinly on the back.. The insert for the top of the console and the doors were vinly... So we just didnt mess with it... but if I would have ordered a different color for the wrap color then I would have replaced it... I also have my sub box covered the the same vinly that is on the top of the console... So it all blends good...

But the feel of the seat and the smell, and the overall look of them makes it stand out alot more then a stock interior...
Yeah I noticed your sub box. Did you do that yourself? I was thinking of using vinyl too on mine. Cleans everything up better.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I built the sub box, it is a half ass job but it works for now. I had the same guy who helped me put the interior in cover my sub box in the same vinly that comes stock... Makes it look real clean, he sewed the seams and everything and makes it look real good. I should get my window moduls in this week, and my H/U installed...

So yea a couple grand and a month and a half, I havent done to bad. Escy handles are in route and the nelson tune. So it should be a nice daily till I get some more $$$ to do some suspension mods....

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe the inserts are part of the package deal. Since I got a outside color that is so close to my factory color I didnt change mine out because it is the same color and the inserts are vinly anyways and not leather... But I do think I am going to get my inside insert color and do my door inserts in that... Hope that helps...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, but unlike most people, my cable provider doesnt give me web space and Im to cheap to pay for some...LOL So I take what i can get... I tried registering at cardomain but it doesnt work and the tech's havent e-mailed me back for a week now so im not sure...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Yea, but unlike most people, my cable provider doesnt give me web space and Im to cheap to pay for some...LOL So I take what i can get... I tried registering at cardomain but it doesnt work and the tech's havent e-mailed me back for a week now so im not sure...
Try this one out for your pics. http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404

1 - 20 of 21 Posts