GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sokr915
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rims keep getting covered with brake dust and i know that i will have to deal with that, but my question is, is there anything that can help prevent the brake dust from sticking or will help make cleaning my rims easier. im pretty sure that ive seen like a spray or something that you can apply and it makes it easier but i forgot where i saw it.
thanks

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Poorboys wheel sealant will help alot.

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
Chris what would you recommend for painted/clearcoated wheels as far as a cleaner and a sealant?

Most cleaners i find are for polished/chrome/etc wheels and i think they'd be hard on the clearcoat :think:

And same thing with wheel polishes... all seem to be for metal/chrome. I was going to use turtlewax like i use on my paint, but im not sure how it'd stand up to the heat at the wheels :think:

Any help is appreciated... i gotta order something to take care of my new Ultra Makos :shake:

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
For a cleaner, the p21s wheel cleaner is the most mild cleaner I have. The gel is slightly stronger. For a sealant, either poorboys or migliore will do just fine.

You're right about the polishes. If the wheels are painted and cleared, you can treat them just as you would a regular painted surface :thumbsup:

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
I have the poorboys wheel sealant and have only washed my truck once since I put it on but so far im happy with it. Wheels look shinier longer now it seems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts