GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so since I cant fit a dd unit in my 1.5 din hole without having a huge pain in my ass I decided to go with another flipout.

I looking at the Kenwood Excelon KVT-819DVD. anyone know anything about this unit? I guess its so new there arent any customer
reviews. I was mainly looking for a unit that was ipod ready, bluetooth, mp3/dvd/cd and had a display when the screen was retracted.
This one has all of that plus more. Let me know what you think.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
werd great units. Most of the industry folks are talking more about Kenwood than Alpine these days in terms of longevity and sound quality

·
Bumpin into suff
147 Posts
I've installed one of these for a customer of mine. I thought it ws a very nice piece of equipment. The guy that has it was in again last week adding some stuff to it and he was just going on and on about how much he likes it. I say good choice.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
I have the DDX8019 which is basically the same unit, but in Double Din form. Same options, software, ect... I like it a lot. It has the ability to add lots of stuff. Just installed it in my 01 Suburban a couple weeks ago after my DDX8017 got stolen.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts