GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the truck like this, but it is starting to get to me. I'm debating either to replace it with a new esky without keyhole, put the jimmy jammer blank in, or replacing the cylinder. I did a search but couldn't find anything about having a new cylinder put in. Dealer?

·
"God Damn Buick Regal"
1,555 Posts
i would do the esky handles with no keyholes :imo

·
GMC Owner
1,534 Posts
I vote keyless handles and upgrade to the Escalades

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
keyless handles and jimmijammer!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
jimmy jammer IMO. If your battery died, how the hell are you gonna get in? You can just get a cylinder at a junkyard and have it rekeyed to your key.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
jimmy jammer IMO. If your battery died, how the hell are you gonna get in? You can just get a cylinder at a junkyard and have it rekeyed to your key.
My thoughts exactly...I have keyless esky handles, and I am paranoid as fuck about getting locked out with a dead battery, so I have been debating going to a keyed handle...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have escalade handles.

I guess I will look for a new cylinder and have it re-keyed. gotta find a place around Dallas that won't charge an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The door can be opened with keyless door handles. Hood also, to get to the battery. Get keyless handles and a good alarm with a bright led mounted high, and ignition / fuel pump kill switch.

·
Fa Kin Su Pah
5,583 Posts
rekeying a lock cylinder is easy. you could do it yourself
i want to say some of them come with the tumblers in a whole kit

·
Fa Kin Su Pah
5,583 Posts
just a regular goodmark cowl hood. what you want to see ill take a couple for you
i want it off and an hd hood on.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Regarding lockout concerns, that's what Road Side Assistance is for. It's not like these trucks are difficult to unlock.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Do what most with shaved handles do, put an extension on each batter lead down to the front bumper under the truck.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Regarding lockout concerns, that's what Road Side Assistance is for. It's not like these trucks are difficult to unlock.
Not sure around here but its an easy 45 minutes to an hour for them to show up around here...your battery is dead- unlock manually and get somebody to give you a jump..prol 5 minutes and you are out of there...that is if you keep cables in your truck, which I do- either for myself or to be a good samaritan....

If someone really wants in your truck any brick or rock makes a great universal key- no point in making life potentially difficult for yourself by limiting your ways into your own vehicle.

And as far as the alarm goes- how many people actually pay attention to them anymore- when I hear one I usually figure its some moron who pushed the wrong button on their remote...I'm not running to the window to see whats going on.

·
official cat dragger
1,640 Posts
i did one keyless and 1 with a key, i've had my battery die and im glad I left one with a key in it. I say do the jimmy jammer with a key hole.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts