GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I got a keyless entry and remote start kit two xmas ago, and well Im not too keen on the way it goes in, I only want the keyless entry and well I cant seem to find the right wires for my unlock and lock, is there anyway someone could show me a picture with what ones I need, when I get home Ill snap some pictures and get a list off the wires I need to know about, but for now I figured maybe someone could help. Thanks

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HELP!!! please

here are the pics its a cluster fuck right now dont worry everything will be nice and neat

#1 What wire do I tap for factory alarm disarm?!

#2 The Gray and Tan wires I was told to splice, the gray works right when I put the system between it the lock/unlock still works but when I do the tan one only one door unlocks and locks, which happens when you splice it so I know its not makin a circuit when I put the system between that splice

Here are the pics, heres the system I got a while back
April22_2007097.gif

the unlock/lock motor wires with the approriate slices, only look at the quick connect with the red shrink, other stuff is from previous owner
April22_2007092.gif

heres the directions
April22_2007101.gif

April22_2007104.gif

April22_2007102.gif

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
did you check my sticky?

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
remote start is sweet, just start it 5 min before you leave and your a/c will be cold when you turn it on! EVERYBODY here has one, it's nuts.

If you're following the wiring diagrams according to the instructions I don't know what to tell you other than you might have a fuse or short or just a bad connection somewhere. A bad connection would make the most sense, but hell, just try wiring in the remote start and see what it does.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont want remote start and if I did I would need to get a passkey for it, so no one knows where the factory disarm wire is?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
| ITEM | WIRE COLOR |POL| WIRE LOCATION |
| 12V|red |+ |ignition harness |
| STARTER|yellow |+ |ignition harness |
| IGNITION|pink |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND IGNITION|white |+ |ignition harness |
| ACCESSORY|orange |+ |ignition harness |
| POWER LOCK|lt. blue |+ |brown plug at BCM *1 |
| POWER UNLOCK|white |+ |brown plug at BCM *1 |
| LOCK MOTOR|gray | |drivers kick panel |
| UNLOCK MOTOR|tan | |drivers kick panel |
| DISARM DEFEAT|tan/black | |passengers kick panel |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|brown | |lt. blue plug at BCM *1 |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|white | |lt. blue plug at BCM *1 |
| HEADLIGHTS|white |+ |lt. blue plug at BCM *1 |
| DOOR TRIGGER|*2 |- |BCM *1 |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|lt.green |- |drivers kick *4 |
| TACHOMETER|white *5 | |ECM *3 |
| SPEED SENSE|dk.green/white | |ECM *3 |
| BRAKE WIRE|white |+ |brake pedal switch |
| HORN TRIGGER|black |- |brown plug at BCM *1 |
| WIPERS| | | |
| LF WINDOW UP/DN|blue - brown |A |drivers door switch |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|blue - brown |A |passenger door switch |
| LR WINDOW UP/DN| | | |
| RR WINDOW UP/DN| | | |

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Notes:
NOTE: This vehicle has the passlock II immobilizer system that, when adding a remote start *1 The BCM is located behind the drivers side of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle. The parking lights are in pin A5 and the headlights are in pin A11. *2 Use tan for the drivers door located in pin B4 of the purple plug, and for the passenger door it will be a orange in pin B2 in the purple plug or dk.blue/white in pin B11 of the lt.blue plug, must diode isolate these wires. *3 ECM is located near the battery, down low, between the fender and the fan under the black plastic cover. On the 4.3L, the tach wire is at pin 20 in the connector labeled 'red', and VSS wire is at pin 3 in the connector labeled 'black'. On the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L, the tach wire is located at pin 10 in the 'red' connector, and VSS wire is located in pin 50 of the 'red' connector. *4 Also found in the purple plug of the BCM. *5 Diesel tach wire is white at the cluster. Diesel wait to start wire is dk. blue (-) located at the instrument cluster 'see direct fax document #1090'.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
everything is wired, accordin to that above, i just dont know what to do with the h2/1 red/white wire (shown above)

·
9,823 Posts
everything is wired, accordin to that above, i just dont know what to do with the h2/1 red/white wire (shown above)
that could be used for trunk pop or window roll up, but it doesnt HAVE to go to anything

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm, well it now locks, but doesnt unlock with the clicker, and when I put the key to ON the doors auto lock, and my dome light doesnt come on wtf, everything is hooked up PERFECTLY like the directions say.

·
9,823 Posts
doesnt sound like it is hooked up right

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill take pics of every connection tonight, i dont see how i couldve done it right... you on AIM alot Ill IM you so we can talk better.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here you go man,
the lock wires:
DSCN4273.gif

the 12v:
DSCN4275.gif

the factory alarm disarm (light green wire in that harness):
DSCN4276.gif

ground:
DSCN4278.gif

parking lights(brown wire):
DSCN4277.gif

then the big spew of wires, both reds each wire is explain where it went above first post.

·
9,823 Posts
too close, too fuzzy to see, no Im never on AIM

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
if u want i can see if my buddy in weymouth can help u out. when u turn ur car on and they auto lock, that can be programmed off. i have a remote starter + keyless entry in mine. i hadda get 2 door actuators also, but if u already have power door locks u dont need them.

if u wanna give him a call, his number is 781 340 1600. its called xtreme audio electronics. if u ever been around weymouth, its right on the abington line on rt 18 right past the marylous and before factory paint (if heading north)

his name is donny, he owns the place, tell him Rick said to call and he should be able to hook u up.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
too close, too fuzzy to see, no Im never on AIM
well the wires I mention just tell me what they SHOULD be hooked up too, and Ill let you know if thats them, cuz Im almost positive they are.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if u want i can see if my buddy in weymouth can help u out. when u turn ur car on and they auto lock, that can be programmed off. i have a remote starter + keyless entry in mine. i hadda get 2 door actuators also, but if u already have power door locks u dont need them.

if u wanna give him a call, his number is 781 340 1600. its called xtreme audio electronics. if u ever been around weymouth, its right on the abington line on rt 18 right past the marylous and before factory paint (if heading north)

his name is donny, he owns the place, tell him Rick said to call and he should be able to hook u up.
thanks man, I got a guy down here just tryin to figure it out on my own first :shake:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts