GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a pair of escalade handles from 04sierraz71 who by the way is a great seller and helped me through out this transaction. I look forward to getting them.

Anyways, I was just wanting to double check on what is needed to run the keyless escalade handles on my 2000 chevy since both front and passenger have keys. I have searched on here and found out bits and pieces about what needs to be done. One being about removing a metal rod that is for the keys or else it will just rattle in there. So any help in there would be much appreciative.

Second, how much should it be to paint a pair of handles? I am going to start calling around some local shops but figured I would get a good guestimate from you all.

Last, where can I get an extra key fob. I want to have an extra key fob setup in a hide a key below my truck. Or would it be easier to hide some batteries in the hide a key. How do you open the the key fobs then? Much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, all you have to do is unclip the lock rod at the latch and pull it out......

As far as a keyfob, check ebay and have the dealership program it.

On a side note, what is your plan if your battery ever dies?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pause..lol Sit in the parking lot and wait to pay 60 dollars to unlock your truck that looks so cool without a key hole...at least it will get better air flow over the door handle.
Couple steps ahead of you bud. Family owns two ford dealerships and a chevy dealership and they have their own towing business through the ford dealership so thats free for me. Plus triple A. Go get your hood painted bud.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
on my 04, i programmed the fob from some instructions on gmfs.

And if the battery dies you can pop the hood from the outside with a screwdriver.

or run some leads to the wheel wheel so you can hook up jumper cables

·
Registered
506 Posts
on my 04, i programmed the fob from some instructions on gmfs.

And if the battery dies you can pop the hood from the outside with a screwdriver.

or run some leads to the wheel wheel so you can hook up jumper cables
Yeah I found those instructions as well. They work perfrect.

And the leads are a good idea too. That's what I was planning on my truck because I want to relocate the battery underneath to open up the engine bay but I don't want to be stuck with a dead battery that I can't boost.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya apologize just had a bad day of work. We have a paint shop just havent taken it to them yet. Thanks for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.