GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plans are kicker SS 6.5's in the doors, SS 5.25's in the kicks, and SS 8in midbass in the rear doors. and i haven't decieded on the subs, thinking about 2 or 4 8in L5 or L7's behind the seat if they can fit, or 2 or 4 of the kicker CVT's behind the seat (12's if they will fit). but i can't decide on what amps i want to run, kicker or MTX.

what would you pick? and yeah, its gotta be one of those two brands.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'd say Mtx amp and subs, i'm not a fan of kicker I think there subs sound dirty, they hit pretty hard but they are dirty, my mtx's hit hard and are clean even for being right next to me i get no distortion of anything, I would say MTX all the way IMO

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Kicker ZR amps. A few ZR360s and a ZR1000 on the subs will make your ears bleed.

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
mtx amps are bulletproof... ive run the shit outta a few of them with no problems... but honestly i dont think you could go wrong with either of them.. i would just go with the most cost efficient one..

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kicker ZR amps. A few ZR360s and a ZR1000 on the subs will make your ears bleed.
ZR? is that an old model? they only have ZX and SX amps.

i do have a better discount on MTX amp, so thats why i was thinking about those

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am a dealer of both amp companies...We carry Kicker and MTX...I would say do Kicker ZX amps unless you want to run MTX's new "elite" series amps. They brought back the 1501D which was is one of MTX's staple amps...MTX amps are very nice but also pull alot of amperages. If you run the 4 12" L7's, u should order them in DVC 2 ohm and run the ZX 2500.1. The interior amp I would run would be the 700.5 because ur SS interiors will get around 75 watts x 4 @4 ohm and use the sub channel on the 8" mid drivers. The sub channel delivers 420 watts RMS @ 2 ohm. Just my 2 cents.

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am a dealer of both amp companies...We carry Kicker and MTX...I would say do Kicker ZX amps unless you want to run MTX's new "elite" series amps. They brought back the 1501D which was is one of MTX's staple amps...MTX amps are very nice but also pull alot of amperages. If you run the 4 12" L7's, u should order them in DVC 2 ohm and run the ZX 2500.1. The interior amp I would run would be the 700.5 because ur SS interiors will get around 75 watts x 4 @4 ohm and use the sub channel on the 8" mid drivers. The sub channel delivers 420 watts RMS @ 2 ohm. Just my 2 cents.
hmmmm, i never thought about running the 5channel for the midsbass. but aren't they 4ohms? i was just going to run them with the 5.25's off the rear channel and drop them down to 2ohms.

also, if i run L5 or L7's, they will be 8's so they will fit behind the rear seat. if i run the CVT's, they will be 10's or 12's.

and yeah, i was thinking about running the elite series MTX amps

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
ZR? is that an old model? they only have ZX and SX amps.

i do have a better discount on MTX amp, so thats why i was thinking about those

Yes, much better than their new stuff.

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahh, but i'm buying everything through accommodations at work, so everything will be new.

but i think i'm going to run the MTX Elite 1501D and Elite 1004

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Oh okay.

·
Registered
627 Posts
ahh, but i'm buying everything through accommodations at work, so everything will be new.

but i think i'm going to run the MTX Elite 1501D and Elite 1004
ahh good ole circuit city huh I just quite their ass last night I worked there for 4 years pretty good times!! I got all my stuff from accommodations gotta love the 75% off

1 - 13 of 13 Posts