GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
werd. the 12" L7 is rated at 750 watts, give it that if not more! and my 15" L7 is in a 4.5^3 vented box which is the mid size for the sub so i would Imagen your sub would need at least a 2.5 or larger to sound best... but check www.kicker.com to see what it really wants.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Mine is sealed and downfiring so it creates a pretty hard hit. It'll still boom but it likes the harder rock type bass lines more than rap.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the Kicker zx750.1 as well pushing 2 CVR 10's and it will beat you to death in my down fire box ported to the back of the truck. :rocking:

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
brobradh77, do you mind showing pics of your box?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
mine sounded good, 2 12s in a underseat box. I have no idea how many cubic feet they were. i'd be careful though, I blew out 3 sets of L7s with a 1000.1bd

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its in a down firing box in the center console location in a rec cab nbs. its a tight fit but i got 11" tall enclosure with a 3 in air gap at the bottom. i went ahead and got the sx1250.1 for the L7. the more the better for this sub ya know. i should have pics up by next weekend of it done and installed.
other audio is a full set of cadence components and jl e4300 four channel which sometime this year will get replaced with a sx700.4

this is pretty much what it looks like. its 13.5 wide 14 tall and 32 deep
newbox.jpg

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Is there a port facing to the rear or is it sealed and is only open in the rear?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is there a port facing to the rear or is it sealed and is only open in the rear?
Yes it is sealed and only opened to the rear the second to last pic shows how they did that you can see how the sides of the box are extended to give a rectangular port opening torward the back wall. I call it ported but maybe the best term is just it opens to the back. I hope that answers your question.

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
werd. the 12" L7 is rated at 750 watts, give it that if not more! and my 15" L7 is in a 4.5^3 vented box which is the mid size for the sub so i would Imagen your sub would need at least a 2.5 or larger to sound best... but check www.kicker.com to see what it really wants.
Does that zx1000 run your 15 hard enough or does it need more power? I'm building a 5cf L7 15 for my tahoe and I'm between the 1000 and 1500 :hmm:

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
I bet it does I have the zx750.1 and its rated at 942 constant watts so that zx1000 is a beast :head:
yeah, i was disappointed with the 1000.1 i had a kx600.1 before this and it was rated at 732... the 1000 is only rated at like 1050 or something... but yes, it POUNDS! i dont know that you "need" more power but it wouldnt hurt [insert tim taylor grunt]. that being said, my next stereo will be 2 12" L7s with the 1500.1 :rocking:

edit, i may be selling my 1000.1 and the 15 pretty soon, if your interest lmk. ill hook it up (sold my 600.1 for $200 shipped. )

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
PM me when you wanna sell that 1000, I'm buying all the stuff for my highs right now but I'll have plenty of money left over from this commission check to take that off your hands...I hope a ported 15 isn't too annoying but my 2 cvr 12's and kx600.1 isn't doing it for me anymore :crazy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts