GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having two problems with my truck
1st.... I have been going through front tires every 4-5k miles. only the inside is wearing through. I have belltech coils up front on 22's. I never had any problems going through tires (285-35-22) like this until about a year ago, the last set I put on I went down to a 265-35-22 and ripped through those in about 3500 miles. Alignment shop is saying there is nothing they can do because some bolt is already all the way in/ out.

2nd when I hit a bump I get a vibration that goes through the whole front end.
Has anybody had these similiar problems and know a solution? Do I just need new coils or something else???

·
__the real GODFATHER__
1,421 Posts
If you went to alignment shop and they said they couldnt do anything and you trust the shop then put the (285/35/22) back on.. Especially if your not bagged and theres no camber issues, because i trust that the shop would've corrected toe in/out problems

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yeah it's your alignment that is wearing down the inside of your tires. The shop is probably saying your camber is maxed out. Do you have a 4 inch or a 2 inch drop in front?

You could probably try the 2* offset control arm bushings from Belltech. They're supposed to give you 2 degrees more of adjustment over stock.

Edit: Or just go back to 285-35 and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the belltech bushings already, they said that should fix it but I have 3 different alignment shops that are saying it wont

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
invest im some spindles..they keep your geometry the same where as coils do not..that should solve your camber issues

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Well they're wrong.

What are your camber readings when you get up on the alignment machine at first?

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
depending on what drop your coils, i would figure out some way to get some mcgauhys 16" spindles in there. they will help your geometry. is the inside or outside wearing? if your only at a 2 or 3" drop in the front i dont see how these alignment shops cant get the tire straight.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when I bought the kit (2002) it said it was 2" coils for the front, everyone who has seen my truck says its sitting way lower. I just talked to someone and they said to get the djm upper arms and that would help everything

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
if u hit a bump and its vibrates, your toe is out of wack, this can also cause wear on the inside of the tires if its toed out

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
when I bought the kit (2002) it said it was 2" coils for the front, everyone who has seen my truck says its sitting way lower. I just talked to someone and they said to get the djm upper arms and that would help everything
Replace it with spindles. 2" drop up front don't get arms; get spindles.

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
ya thats way more then a 2" drop..thats at least a 4"..get some 2" spindles and 2" springs and call it good

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
ya thats way more then a 2" drop..thats at least a 4"..get some 2" spindles and 2" springs and call it good
:word:

that's not 2". like Nick said it's at least 4".

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yeah no way that's 2". If you don't have spindles, get them, and get you some 2" springs. That should put everything back in order.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts