GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of 2.5x12 King shocks with piggy back today!! For now they will go on the front of my truck till i save enough money to get my custom suspension made. I will try to post some pics tonight. AND the guy i bought them from races in the Class 1 and asked me if I wanted to join his pit crew!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't be surprised or worried if they ride like crap when you first install them... chances are 90% that you'll need to get them revalved to work properly with your truck. If the guy you bought them from has a decent pit crew someone on the team might be able to help you with the re-build and re-valve. If not, King will do the adjustments for you but you'll at least need someone to help you with the baselines. Just because you've got a race quality shock doesn't mean it's going to ride great on your truck right out of the box. It's like a guitar - even the best guitar in the world needs to be tuned. With some work however you'll have a shock that'll last the life of the truck and ride better than any Rancho or any cheaper Bilstein on the market.

Jeff @ PLC
www.PerformanceLifts.com

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to get them re-valved before i put them on my truck. Right now he has them valved for the front of his Class 1. He had them valved by Mckellips. I've already called Raceshocks here in Phoenix and they said they would re-valve for $25 a peice. Thanks for the help though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts