GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 5.7 z71. I just got it so im trying to get it running good. The previous owner [email protected] alot of stuff needles to say. I replace a fair amount of the ecm conrolled sensors to get the truck run like it should. While under the truck the other day I noticed the knock sensor doesn't even have a wire hooked to it. WTF? There is a blue wire close by but it has no conector on it. Is this possibly the right wire to splice a new pigtail into?? Also im gonna go ahead and replace the sensor itself. I have no cels or any other lights. Truck just doesn't pull like it should and the mpgs are also sucking!! Thanks in advance.

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
Knock sensor wire is blue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it possible for the engine to be pulling timing aka limp mode and not throw a code?? If the sensor isn't hooked up or could have somebody tuned it out. As mentioned before the truck is lacking power I feel.

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
You would have to drive around with a scan tool hooked up to see if its retarding the timing. Was the base timing checked with a timing light?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have any of the above tools. I can get ahold of a timing light what should it be set at? No mods...YET!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts