GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knuckle won’t line up when trying to put everything back together. I have my DJM 4” LCA and a stock UCA. Do I need to put the camber plates at maxed out or am I just a retard here? I mean this shit is like fucking far

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Even DJM says 3”+ lowers requires there upper arms.

Itll fit. Have to keep everything hand tight, then hang on the upper to force it in the spindle. Just like a stretched leveled truck.

But you’ll be going through uppers ball joints, and bump steering like no tomorrow. Plus the coilspring pocket is notoriously weak on DJM arms, wanna plate that.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Where on DJM’s site does it say I need Their UCAs? I see it on the 5s but not the 3s and 4s. Some of the other people I asked said it would be fine as well

Edit: This may be a dumb question but in that photo the knuckle physically cannot go farther back. I have the UCA camber brackets set to what I think may be somewhat low. Should I try to max them out to push forward the UCA? I am guessing that is not going to work though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was recommended by Richard at AFP to do the LCA.
With the coil overs and a spindle the shock would have been a little short so he suggested this way a as way to keep the shock travel longer.

That is basically how I wanted to do it but I figured he knew his shit so went that route instead.

Edit: This is a 4" drop LCA with a 2" lift coil over. Just going for 2" up front. With the regular CO and the 2" drop spindle Richard thought that the shock travel might be a bit short. This way it stays longer. Should have clarified my exact set up.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Upper ball joint. I should have said spindle I guess. I am bad at words. I am going to try and max out the camber plates to push the UCA farther outwards and see what I can do. Also going to take the CO out and put it in after I get the knuckle installed

Yeah Richard knows what's up. I have faith he lead me down the proper path, I will say though I was very very reluctant to go this route lmfao

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured it out, realized I just am SPED.

Pushed out my UCA as far as it could go with the brackets. Took out the coil overs and readjusted the pre-load, I put them back in after I got them connected.
Used a bit more muscle to slam the knuckle inwards to connect it and boom! All done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts