GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
knuckledstr's update BP Fab

this past week has been hectic since i got my 220v and 110v installed. ive been collecting parts and found my old tool box from when i was about 12 so ive been stuffing it with all my welding and fabrication gear like squares, angle finder a tubing notcher etc. my first project using my tools is fixing the trailer for the electrician to pay him back for his work. now pics

110v in its own breaker

along with my 220v

and heres the trailer im fixing and a few examples of the trailer and welds it came to me with and what it will be leaving with. this trailer used to be a single sea doo trailer but after a few complications he widened it for two so here was a few sollutions i came up with and the cross tubes are all scraps tubes that he added.

the welds on the tube caps are my friends who was helping me out

and what its leavin with

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, ill also be building a cargo box for him kind of on the cheap with his metal. we will see how that goes when i start on either sat. or sunday.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guess who just got off the phone with dave from threat motorsports, i just ordered a pro-tools 105HD tubing bender with a 1 3/4in. tube die. looks like ill get to start building a bed cage for my truck soon.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update V2.0 the guy i fixed the trailer called me and asked for a few more jobs he needs done. im giving him a really cheap price. im building a set of rails holders i guess for his jet ski's and a tool box to hold his vest's and trailer gear.

heres what im copying

and heres what i built

i really shoulda cleaned the metal but i wasnt thinking at the time. it wasnt even close to as dirty as it looks and thats not slag from the mig. its from the pilot holes i cut out with the plasma cutter

they are extended 3 inches and non-adjustable per his request.

ive actually had a few people call me to talk about doing some on thier trucks so i hope it works out.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks,
its pretty much to hold me over till december because i didnt graduate on time and had to post-pone my leave date for the navy. so its side cash to use on my truck, keeps my mom off my ass and bond with my dad while i teach him how to weld and more. yea its a side business that i actually plan to get going into a full time business when i get done with the navy.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the compliments. i wish i would got pics of my welds when i installed those pieces i made on his trailer. they were bitch'n. had perfect timing, consistancy and they were burned in just perfect. i just talked to the owner ive been doin all the work for (hes one of Jason Paynes old co-workers) and he said Jason was gonna weld up this trailer for him. so it feel kinda good that the guy was very happy with the welds.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pro-tools 105hd tubing bender showed up today:pepper::pepper:

sorry for the smudge on the camera

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i believe it was $642.70, i got excited and put it together for some reason:think:

im also gonna go down tomarrow to buy some scrap metal and build a cart for it and modify it to air/hydro setup.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
before workin on my new cart im gonna build a welding table because im tired of the wooden table i have i keep catching it either on fire or it chips from heavy parts on it.
heres my first quick sketch of how it was gonna look

then my dad decided he was to be able to put a chair under it for some reason so i went ahead and went with his idea because he paid for it all and im not about to here him bitch for a year or too. so i redid a sketch to get his aproval. i left out the spot for the chop saw but there will be one like in the first sketch.

ive been workin on it for 3 days on and off so here is where im at right now

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea so did i, but my dad wanted to be able to sit down and be able to relax while rebuilding a carb or something and he kind of talked me into it. i think if i would have left the full bottom shelf it would have just ended up as a storage shelf so im kinda glad i did that. and the bottom shelf is gonna be peferated so it can also be used to drain anything.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.