GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2,451 Posts
well the best are "AMP research" but im not sure that they make for chebbies :think: ... but the only thing i think you have to take in mind is that with kodiaks your frame will be showing... which some people don't like.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Andy said:
well the best are "AMP research" but im not sure that they make for chebbies :think: ... but the only thing i think you have to take in mind is that with kodiaks your frame will be showing... which some people don't like.
ya, those are nice but the price sucks! $1250-$1400 for a pair. their site says the GM application was due out Aug. 2004.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
How about some custom fabbed rock rails! :rocking: ! They could be step bars and rocker protection. Trust me those tubes do not like being leaned on by 6000 lbs. :nono: Anyway I think the N-fabs look really sick, I just wouldn't trust the kodiaks to work all the time.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I dunno, n-fabs remind me too much of just a plain tube step, almost like what you currently have. Yeah, the kodiaks are around $200 per step, but they look so cool when they fold down and retract back up. I think the kodiaks give a more customized look, and they also drop down 8". The n-fabs probably won't give you more than 4".

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
Id steer away from Kodiaks, they prone to failure. Buddy had them on an excursion, and eventually, the wont go up all the way, not go down all the way, etc...think they only had like a 60 day warranty or something???
stick with nerf bars

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
N-fabs cover the frame well, Only thing is your truck looks a tad smaller when you put on nerf bars in general vs no bars.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kyle said:
N-fabs cover the frame well, Only thing is your truck looks a tad smaller when you put on nerf bars in general vs no bars.
So right, how do you like your N-fabs? I dont want somethign thats going to break or need maintenence.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
04Z71SAtx said:
Id steer away from Kodiaks, they prone to failure. Buddy had them on an excursion, and eventually, the wont go up all the way, not go down all the way, etc...think they only had like a 60 day warranty or something???
stick with nerf bars
i heard that Kodiak revised the design a little while ago. so now there are two versions out there: the old one which is prone to problems and the new improved one. this is just what i've read from a couple people on different boards. it might be completely wrong.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
I like both. If you are trying to hide the frame go N-fab for sure.
But if you just want a step and have something cool I would go kodiak :rocking:

And you would be less likely to get them hung up on something :imo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.