GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i get this shop to bag my truck with kp's 6 link, what ya think he's gonna charge me, are they gonna jack the price up more than what i could buy one for.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Honestly you could do it yourself since it's all bolt on and save your self all the money who ever is this person thats gonna charge you to put it on. You can buy it for $1120 shipped. I might take a day or two to put it on, you gain experience from putting it on and if something ever goes wrong you can fix it with out having to rely on other people.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I used my buddies shop that has all the tools you'll ever need. The two of us had the KP on and tank raised in 4 hours. It's a NBS but shouldn't be that big of a difference. Do it yourself.

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
i did mine in a weekend. But on a obs there is lots of stuff that need cut an relocated. On my long bed i had to make completely new crossmemebers

·
Registered
930 Posts
do most of the work yourself and take it to a shop for the stuff you dont want to do. let notches and welding..thats what I did and its cake to install like everyone mentioned.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Depending on what size wheel and tire package you're running, and how low you want to go will determine the gas tank crossmember mods. It will also matter if you have a regular cab shortbed vs. extended cab with a two piece driveline. If you plan on laying frame on a larger (45) series 22 then you will need to notch the factory gas tnak crossmember slightly. If you are running 20's and the pinion angle is correct then you should be okay.

Clint Petree
KP Components Inc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts