GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i havent heard any real feedback on trans x-members from anyone so if possible could you guys let me know the 411 on who to go to or what all is involved in gettin and puttin in a low profile trans x-member, i've heard that kp sends you refurbished stock ones and u send them ur stock one? is this true? thanx

·
Registered
334 Posts
is the modded cross member necessary when doing the 4-link with canti???? I am trying to set everything up to get mine done and I want all my ducks in a row.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
blwclvl said:
is the modded cross member necessary when doing the 4-link with canti???? I am trying to set everything up to get mine done and I want all my ducks in a row.
It isn't necessary...but the front will not lay out without it, it'll just sit on the crossmember. While the truck is already "down" getting worked on would be the best time to do this. That way you'll lay out flat front to back :head:

·
Registered
158 Posts
The crossmember will be a bolt on item, but there will still be cutting and welding required to remove the stock crossmember supports on the frame and reinforce the crossmember.

Trey

·
Registered
356 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
It isn't necessary...but the front will not lay out without it, it'll just sit on the crossmember. While the truck is already "down" getting worked on would be the best time to do this. That way you'll lay out flat front to back :head:
Word, son.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts