GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to get the kp 4 link and i have the bags over the axle will it still get lots of travel. it is it easy to install the bolt on info please and does it bolt to the frame explain

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
well the KP 4 link wont do anything for lift for you if you have bags over the axle.

You need to get the cantilever bars with the 4 link and relocate your bags above the cantilever bars.

I have no idea how your setup is now, but the KP kit is a direct bolt-on to a 'stock' truck. If you haven't modified the hangers or stock leaf spring brackets you should be alright.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
:word: the reason the KP gets lots of lift is because it locates the bags on the cantilever bars. if you're keeping your bags on the axle, the KP 4-link wont make any difference.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
I have no idea how your setup is now, but the KP kit is a direct bolt-on to a 'stock' truck. If you haven't modified the hangers or stock leaf spring brackets you should be alright.
Doesn't matter if you have drop hangers or not. You will strip the front hangers. KP 4 link comes with front mounts to fit the stock holes. So, unless you messed with the front holes on the hangers, you're ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts