GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5inch lift is here so will be putting them on a 35 nitto trail grap... I like both. The fuel hostages I have now pitted like crazy on the inner parts by spokes. I'm thinking the gear 762s look like they are easier to clean?

Still like the looks of the kranks but will those Pitt like the hostage wheels did inside those spokes?

20x12 sizes also...22s are outta my price range. The gears are about 40-55 bucks cheaper per wheel!

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
pretty sure gears are B/O'd for like 4-6 weeks. I'd check that before deciding

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I washed them every 4 days. But they just didn't hold up well

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
the wheels are all cheap junk.. its not if they will pit but when ... the better care you take of them the longer you can prolong it

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Obviously every 4 days wasn't enough. Wheels don't pit just to pit. To the Original question, kranks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Musta notta been then. Had chrome wheels on my trans am since 99 and those haven't pitted any but these fuels didn't make it 2 years. That's why I was asking about durability

·
Registered
876 Posts
Because Chinese chrome.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Used to be a thread around somewhere discussing a chart that showed how different brand wheels chrome processes compared..... !?! :think:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna look again but I couldn't find one earlier

·
'05 Silverado Z71
643 Posts
I'm having the same debate myself, except not chrome. I just opened a Poll between the kranks, mavericks, moto metal 962, gear 726 mb, and silverado tx 20s.
I had Kranks on my old truck and they looked good, just thinking to change it up on this truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts