2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you like your tires?
both on and off road
and what kind of miles are you getting out of them

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
dont even look at them if your looking at tires based on their offroad ability. They are a nice all terrain, very good on the road but are in no means a "swamper" offroad.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that
my problem is my truck is a daily driver and travels the highways frequently but i am still looking for something to wheel deciently cause i go out pretty much every weekend

right now im looking at these tires and the ssr radials

·
6,656 Posts
also try looking into the x-terrains, thats what I have now and they are great on the road and hold their own offroad.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was hoping to run either a 36 or a wider 35

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya thats why i was thinking ssr's cause i can get 35x14.5x15

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
They can handle most things but Mud, if you keep them clean and spin them they do alright, but they lack something, so my next tire will be a PJ or a Swamper after i do my gears. They are wearing really well, i got them from JB, Texk5 and he had already put some miles on them. I sold my old x-terrains and got these because they were bigger. Depends on what terrain you are wheeling in most of the time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
sts's are gay the m/t's are nice have more sipping then other m/t's better for rocks, snow,ice I don't know if the last 2 aply to you I'm running tsl radials and they are the shit I would take them over the ssr's because the ssr's don't have much void between the center lugs

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
someone on another board suggested the iroks which they make in a 36x13.5
how are these tires? roadworthy?

·
6,656 Posts
ride great on teh road but are soft. This means they will wear out fast.

·
6,656 Posts
word on them? They are backordered to hell and back if thats what your talking about, at least in most sizes.

·
W.F.O.
140 Posts
I would venture to agree with Dark Eternal. As far as production, the X-terrains are about as good a compromise, As good performance on as off road, as you can get. I personally have BFG AT's but have them mainly for their tread life characteristics more than anything. They do perfrom relatively well off-road too. I have many friends who run the X-terrains and they really are good on and off road.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey what's your thoughts on the thornbirds over mt radials

1 - 20 of 30 Posts