GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before talking about the Sierra, I did sell the 03 Silverado 2 months ago. After 7 years of ownership, rust taking over, plus having an offer I couldn't turn down, it was time to sell.

And....

A week or so later I found this one on craigslist. Went and looked at it, turned out to be everything I was looking for except the price. Tried negotiating but walked away that day leaving my offer with him; and long story short we ended up making a deal 2 months later.

About the Sierra; 2007 classic SLT LBZ Graystone metallic, 70k miles, two previous owners making me the third. Comes with 2 way remote starter, Leer topper, Bedrug, and other grandpa accessories.

Plans:

Convert DRL’s to signals
HID’s (done)
Switchbacks
Clear headlights
Clear bumper lamps
Raise bumper
Tow mirrors color matched
GMC grille emblem color matched
Remove bug shield (done)
Remove step bars (done)
Remove topper
Remove yellow off tailights
Swap BEDRUG left from the 03 to this truck
Escalade door handles
Color match tow mirrors
22x12’s and 33’s ?
4-6 Cognito ?
Debadge demold
Color match rear bumper plastics
Center dump exhaust
Clean/paint frame
Clean behind flares
Tint, 5% back three & sunroof, 50% fronts and windshield
HD hood
All interior led's (done)

Soon as I got it home, pre-cleaning and de-mod pics:

After a good first wash, and some things removed

More pics to come

Reactions: heysoos

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Truck has had this BEDRUG and topper since new, there is not one scratch in the bed and literally looks like the day it was painted.

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Good looking truck and the plans sound even better! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Welcome to the '07 Classic LBZ family.

·
Formerly TrucknGolf
2,182 Posts
I am jelly.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
New truck looks great Kyle.

You are going to be busy for awhile to get it the way you want it but once it is done it will look awesome. IMO the topper is nice for winter and it is a top of the line model too. I have one and like it but looking at a way to remove it during the summer.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gents :shake:

New truck looks great Kyle.

You are going to be busy for awhile to get it the way you want it but once it is done it will look awesome. IMO the topper is nice for winter and it is a top of the line model too. I have one and like it but looking at a way to remove it during the summer.
What do you think this one cost brand new? Or even what it's worth now? I'm tossing the idea around either keeping or selling. It will be coming off for sure but is nice to have around since it came with the truck.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
What do you think this one cost brand new? Or even what it's worth now? I'm tossing the idea around either keeping or selling. It will be coming off for sure but is nice to have around since it came with the truck.
A cap like that cost between $1500-2000 if not more if it has more options. I have seen caps like that on craigslist for around $700-800.

I always hated toppers but my last truck came with one and loved what I could do with it. Having dogs and stuff that need to say dry the cap helped out alot. My current truck came with the topper also when I bought it. But like I said I am looking at a way to remove and store the cap during summer.

I like the caps like yours and mine that make the truck look more like a suv with the way the window are in the cap. Makes the truck less grandpa looking compared to other caps.

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Ugh that's exactly what I want, even the topper. PM ze sale price? Looks fakin' clean dude congrats!

·
GMC Owner
2,634 Posts
The truck looks sweet Kyle, do you have any plans for tuning, power increases?

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Thanks gents :shake:

I think I paid ~$1400 for mine and I didn't get the top of the line model. I've got sliding windows on the sides of mine, fixed front window (stupid idea, can't clean back window of cab) and reinforcing mesh in window openings.

There are times when it is nice to have the cap, I just wish it was on my wife's truck and not mine.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Very nice Kyle!!! :thumbsup:

Pretty much exactly the truck I'd want to buy.... Graystone is my fav. color! :drool: I've been searching for NBS CCSB HDs... Dmax LBZ would be my top pick. Or, a clean gasser would work too IMO. I can't seem to find any reasonably priced that are clean enough and with decent mileage. I'll just keep looking!!!

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A cap like that cost between $1500-2000 if not more if it has more options. I have seen caps like that on craigslist for around $700-800.

I always hated toppers but my last truck came with one and loved what I could do with it. Having dogs and stuff that need to say dry the cap helped out alot. My current truck came with the topper also when I bought it. But like I said I am looking at a way to remove and store the cap during summer.

I like the caps like yours and mine that make the truck look more like a suv with the way the window are in the cap. Makes the truck less grandpa looking compared to other caps.
Thanks for all that info! I've had friends of mine already say, "it looks like a suburban!" lmao. I will probably keep it, and just get a low access cover for summer.

Ugh that's exactly what I want, even the topper. PM ze sale price? Looks fakin' clean dude congrats!
Thanks tiki! I'll pm ya

The truck looks sweet Kyle, do you have any plans for tuning, power increases?
As of now I don't know. Probably do efi at some point, but start with exhaust first.

I think I paid ~$1400 for mine and I didn't get the top of the line model. I've got sliding windows on the sides of mine, fixed front window (stupid idea, can't clean back window of cab) and reinforcing mesh in window openings.

There are times when it is nice to have the cap, I just wish it was on my wife's truck and not mine.
Ah ok, either way these toppers aren't cheap...

Very nice Kyle!!! :thumbsup:

Pretty much exactly the truck I'd want to buy.... Graystone is my fav. color! :drool: I've been searching for NBS CCSB HDs... Dmax LBZ would be my top pick. Or, a clean gasser would work too IMO. I can't seem to find any reasonably priced that are clean enough and with decent mileage. I'll just keep looking!!!
Haha thanks sir :shake: I was getting worried about not finding a truck, especially a nbs. I'm so happy to be back in one that's cleaner than my 03 in and out. I was looking at gas nbs' also but couldn't find one. So it happens this one fit all my criteria.

·
Jake
2,353 Posts
Truck looks really good, looking forward to your progress!

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,439 Posts
Sub'd :popcorn:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cleaned the interior today. Dash and all plastics cleaned using Adams interior cleaner, conditioned the leather, and vacuum the carpet. I want to shampoo the carpets too but that can wait till spring. Pics don't do it justice.

20141207_144539_zpswcc4lpdm.jpg

20141207_144702_zpss2uczm1j.jpg

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,439 Posts
So clean! Is that a nnbs shifter?

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Nope... Stock LBZ 6 spd tapshift Allison shifter IMO.

1 - 20 of 1282 Posts