GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello sorry this is my first post but I'm looking for help and info on doing an engine swap into my 1992 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4wd. I have a Jasper motors 350tbi in it currently but it's blown and I have a L33 out of a 2005 silverado is all aluminum, has a tci flexplate, mini starter, ceramic shorty headers. The ecu is tuned and flashed with wire deletes to run any chevy trans. I have a 700r4 currently in my 92'. With that flexplate it should bolt up. I know I will need an electric fuel pump with 60 psi to get it running but I am by no means a good mechanic I wanted to know what all else would be required to get this engine into my 92' and get it running?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,680 Posts
To get it running you don't need much however trying to get the 700r4 to work is going to be you hardest issue. It is impossible on a dbw and a pita on a dbc. Not much for aftermarket linkage and if you don't get it set up correctly you will be burning up your trans.

You are going to need a fuel pressure regulator. A corvette fuel filter for that year has one built in. You are on the right track though.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
my brother swapped my old L33 into his 92 rclb 2wd
its dirty underneath from driving in the rain

photo88_zps6865c1c2.jpg

IMG_20140525_134357_zpsf24e6587.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts