GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in doing a 3" body lift on my 95 K1500. Summit sell the kit for about $130 which isn't bad. Anybody ever have this kind of thing done? Just wondering what I'm looking at for labor costs. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
They aren't hard to put on, you could do it easily in a weekend. It took me one night to do mine.

·
Registered
999 Posts
i wouldnt pay to have it done, kills the whole "value" of it. for what you're paying in labor you could buy a real suspension lift.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
I must've gone by the instructions.

one stupid question for the back of a body lift does it use new blocks and ubolts, because, I put 3 inch blocks in the back and with a bl that would be 6:insane:

·
Registered
999 Posts
one stupid question for the back of a body lift does it use new blocks and ubolts, because, I put 3 inch blocks in the back and with a bl that would be 6:insane:

are you seriously asking that question? :LOL:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
daniel. those are two different animals. body/suspension. and yes 3+3=6 last i cheked

·
Registered
999 Posts
the ball is in ORU's court now, they say that the brackets and steering will ship on Wednesday. the weather here seems to be breaking, so i should be able to get my '92 fixed this week, and i'll be able to concentrate on the '93. goal is to have it at the Lima jamboree May 18-20. i wont be running a transfer case yet, but it will be on 1 tons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts