GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tonysteve
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a somewhat beefy ten or twelve behind my seat of my single cab in a ported box. Mainly because I cant find a way to get my 4 8" Cvr's behind the seat in a ported box and still be comfortable. I was thinking of a SA-10. It will be powered off of a kicker zx1000.1 or zx1500.1 (I get a good deal on kicker, just not a huge fan of their subs).
Mainly what I'm asking is it possible to do this in a regular cab with a box tuned to 30-35hz for semi loud daily duty. Or what is the largest you have done or seen done in a regular cab with out having to get molested by your steering wheel.

·
Tonysteve
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can do slot or round port whatever works best. was thinking round port firing up or loading off the drivers side wall. ibanender I'm hoping will have some good advice

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Looking to do a somewhat beefy ten or twelve behind my seat of my single cab in a ported box. Mainly because I cant find a way to get my 4 8" Cvr's behind the seat in a ported box and still be comfortable. I was thinking of a SA-10. It will be powered off of a kicker zx1000.1 or zx1500.1 (I get a good deal on kicker, just not a huge fan of their subs).
Mainly what I'm asking is it possible to do this in a regular cab with a box tuned to 30-35hz for semi loud daily duty. Or what is the largest you have done or seen done in a regular cab with out having to get molested by your steering wheel.
1000 is pushing it, 1500 is too much. Remember, it's a 600 watt rated driver.

I can do slot or round port whatever works best. was thinking round port firing up or loading off the drivers side wall. ibanender I'm hoping will have some good advice
I'm thinking side firing port.

·
Tonysteve
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1000 is pushing it, 1500 is too much. Remember, it's a 600 watt rated driver.

I'm thinking side firing port.
Would a round port or slot style port work better?

I understand why you might not say yes or no to this but what about like ICON 10 from SSA whenever they are available on their website? or what would you recommend?
I could go with a smaller amp, which would require smaller electrical demand. But I will be doing the big 3 and possibly a second battery.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Would a round port or slot style port work better?

I understand why you might not say yes or no to this but what about like ICON 10 from SSA whenever they are available on their website? or what would you recommend?
I could go with a smaller amp, which would require smaller electrical demand. But I will be doing the big 3 and possibly a second battery.
Neither necessarily works "better" as a standard. Some boxes one works better than another, but in terms of non-metering applications, you probably won't be able to tell a difference unless the slot port dimensions are less than ideal causing port noise.

As far a the ICON goes, I have no experience or feedback on them to comment one way or another. Just because you have a solid electrical doesn't mean you have to have so much power you gain nothing from it and potentially kill equipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts