GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a FAST 90mm intake and nick williams 90mm throttle body in route to my house :D taking it to get ported and matched to my heads. then i need a new nitrous outlet plate.

when does this shit stop???? im hoping to get 450HP to the ground on motor and possibly over 600 to the ground with the power adder. wish me luck.

there will probably be a nice LS6 intake manifold, ported shaners s2 throttle body and a nitrous outlet 78mm nitrous plate on the classified section here soon unless i keep it all for another project.

·
i eat children
1,236 Posts
so i have a FAST 90mm intake and nick williams 90mm throttle body in route to my house :D taking it to get ported and matched to my heads. then i need a new nitrous outlet plate.

when does this shit stop???? im hoping to get 450HP to the ground on motor and possibly over 600 to the ground with the power adder. wish me luck.

there will probably be a nice LS6 intake manifold, ported shaners s2 throttle body and a nitrous outlet 78mm nitrous plate on the classified section here soon unless i keep it all for another project.

let me know about the ls6 intake

im right down the road from you

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Why the FAST over something like the Weiand or something else w/ the 90mm? :hmm:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weiand is basically a metal ls6...the ls6 didnt make the gains i wanted so the heat soaked version definately wouldnt help

dont think i have enough cubes for VIC jr.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I thought Weiand just came out with a composite one that you could disassemble to port. :hmm:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was also supposed to be relased last november....im tired of waiting on a product that hasnt even proven itself to work. they just keep pushing the release date back. f-it. i got a great deal on the fast 90 and nick williams.

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
What the motor setup youre working with? The Vic Jr. is over-rated. Theres some tests that were done that proved this. EVen the FI guys that were all switching to them found they didnt work any better.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What the motor setup youre working with? The Vic Jr. is over-rated. Theres some tests that were done that proved this. EVen the FI guys that were all switching to them found they didnt work any better.
not trying to be an ass, but search. it seems like every time i post over here i have to re-list everything out. my specs are posted all over the place on this forum.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
not trying to be an ass, but search. it seems like every time i post over here i have to re-list everything out. my specs are posted all over the place on this forum.
Not trying to be an ass either... put them in your sig so no more questions:shrug:

Might have someone interested in the TB, I'll wait to see till you throw it in the for sale section

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
450 isnt too far off! I dont think a LSx will get you the 30 hp youre after, but slap some 112 and raise the timing and you might be able to. Stalled autos are hard to see big numbers. If you were a manual, youd be there.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i only need 20 hp to show 450 to the rear wheels. some people get 20hp on stock head setups with a stock fast intake. me hoping for 20rwhp isnt crazy i dont think...but you never know until you get it on the rollers.

too much shit to list in my sig. cant keep a sig and list my mods...

here...heads, cam, full bolt on extended cab silverado with nitrous in my back pocket:tongue:

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
My bad, I was thinking 30 for some reason.. maybe because you are at 430. Whens the install? Better get there while theres still some good air.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
when is the intake and TB going on?

EDIT-^^ beat me to it lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My bad, I was thinking 30 for some reason.. maybe because you are at 430. Whens the install? Better get there while theres still some good air.
haha the good air is gone. ill have to wait till about november to see if i can make 11's on motor.

as long as it beats my ls6 setup ill be happy.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Any scoop? :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any scoop? :)
sho nuff....whats the first thing you do when you receive over 1k worth in parts? break out the dremel and grinder of course:D

everything looks great with my used fast 90 and nick williams throttle body. the tb looks brand new! the previous owner cut out the area for the egr stuff and did a half ass job...luckily he didnt screw anything up and about 3 minutes with a dremel had it done the way it should have been in the first place.

now my egr plug fits in there like its supposed to:pimp:

Picture005-5.gif

Picture006-6.gif

Picture001-8.gif

Picture002-6.gif

Picture003-7.gif

Picture004-6.gif

1 - 20 of 40 Posts