GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I ordered my wheels today so I can have my buddy mount and balance my wheels and tires before I go have it lifted, just to save me the M+B cost. Now I am planning on getting the zone 6.5, but whats your guys' opinion on Mcgaughys 7-9 economy kit? Basically between the zone and the ECONOMY 7-9, which would you choose?

Wheels will be here next week I hope!

·
GO NOLES
633 Posts
I have the economy kit, and it is very well made. No problems besides some bad strut bushings, which they took care of....sso far I'm happy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mind posting a pic? just because I like pics :) How do you like those Mud Grippers? I considered trying those after my 33s wear out.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Depends how much lift you want. If you think you'll ever wana lower some you can go down to 4.5" with zone. If you ever want higher you can go to 9" with the economy kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I honestly see myself going up before down, but I understand. My only thing is the economy kit doesn't have the bump stop ext, a arm support, skid plate, and AAL but does that really make the economy lift any less desirable at all?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just of your truck. Though i'll be on 33 18s and a 2008, I bet yours looks great. Guess Grippers are off the list, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I honestly see myself going up before down, but I understand. My only thing is the economy kit doesn't have the bump stop ext, a arm support, skid plate, and AAL but does that really make the economy lift any less desirable at all?

Depends how you plan to use your truck. Do you offroad? If so, just on occasion? Or a lot? If you do I'd get the zone, because you'll want the skid plate and crossmember support. If it's a street truck the economy kit will do just fine

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah not really.. sadly I try to stay on the road cuz I was tired of fixing shit on my old truck for dogging it. I guess if I wanted to later on can you add the skid plate and support to it?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I love my Mcgaughys 7-9. I have the economy kit but added bilsteins. Have them set on 8.25 with 35" MasterCraft courser MXT's. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm really considering the Mcgaughys, it just depends if my shop will do it. He said he will check into it, if not it'll be zone 6.5

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Can't go wrong with either really. They are both great kits from everything I have heard about them

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's good to hear. We'll play the waiting game and hopefully i'll find out tomorrow if they'll do the Mcgaughys. Kinda hoping they will honestly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, hopefully I'll have good news x2 tomorrow. The shop owner is going to look into the McGaughys lift and I emailed the guys about my wheels and hopefully they'll get shipped out tomorrow. He said he's not really sure why UPS hasn't sent them out yet, it sucks cause they were suppose to be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday, but I don't see that happening.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have the economy kit, and it is very well made. No problems besides some bad strut bushings, which they took care of....sso far I'm happy.
How did you know your strut bushings were bad? Maybe that's my issue too. When I go over a bump I hear a squishy rubber type sound. I have FTS 7-9" struts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still no word on wheels yet, cant get through to customer service and haven't gotten an email back yet and of course UPS is a box with voices and the wheel manufacturer doesn't list a number to call them... But my shop will do the mcgaughys, they just don't have a distributor so it will have to be ordered directly from Mcgaughys. Do we have a vendor on here for Mcg? I just wanna compare prices with my shop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts