GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stylin concepts has free shipping this weekend so im gona order my shit this weekend... last questions are

1) do i need new shocks up front? (guy at the shop said with drop spindles, no.)
2) do i need new shocks in the read (shackles/hangers)
3) do i needshock extenders?
4) can you explain how the spindle works? what it attaches to? what makes a 6 lug spindle different from an 8 lug spindle? i would like to use the Mcgauhys spindle due to the name and quality and turning already sucks in my truck. but the Belltechs are 3" vrs 2" so that is a plus.
5) drop coils, good, bad, ugly? thinking i may want to add a 1-2" drop coil on top of the drop spindles in a few months...

note: with the shock question- i have had the truck for 40k miles. it is possible my dad put new shocks on it when we bought it (i know we did all new brakes at the time) but im unsure about the shocks, so with that being the case, should i just go ahead and get new shocks? the truck has 173K on it...

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
1) do you NEED them...no....would i and others suggest them..yes

2) again no...but a damn good idea...

3) no...get drop specific shocks IMO

4)spindles bolt to your upper and lower control arms and hold your brake and hub asssembly, not a whole lot of difference just the hub assembly will be larger for 8 lug so thus a larger spindle...on an OBS truck i would go Belltechs..that is just my opinion though...

5) nothing wrong with drop coils at all...they are a bit stiffer but not horrible..

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, im tired, hence read = rear, thanks Joe imma order everything tomorrow :rocking:

hmm, there is a 3" drop coil for only $139... which should i do, coils or spindles first?

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that helps because now i am lost as fuck!

so i go out to measure the spacing on the bolt holes on my hangers to see which ones i need.. it is atleast 4.5" from center to center... the drop hangers DJM makes for a 3500 have a3" or a 3.5" spacing... where the hell do i get another inch... i dont think im gona find hangers for my truck... should i do drop shackles and drop leafs?:banghead: :suicide:

pics of my hangers...
hanger1.gif

hanger2.gif

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fuck it, im done. moneys goin in the bank. called DJM.

Mike: Hello this is mike can i help you
Me: hey mike, i gotta question for ya, ive got a '93 GMC Suburban 2500 with an 8lug... do you make a hanger... a droping hanger for my truck?

Mike: absolutely not.
Me: is there any way to get 4" lower in the back?

Mike: We've never seen your truck, you would have to go to a custom suspension shop and have them make something
Me: alright, thanks.

anyone wanna buy a suburban? or trade for a 1500 suburban? :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

so ive got around a grand to spend, maybe another L7 and amp... or a new tv... :hmm:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts