GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i'd toss up a few pics for you guys again. if it all goes well i should be able to grab my truck tomorrow and then grab a ton of pictures this weekend.

chopped and stepped to lay out fully on 22's

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice...I bet you cant wait.
I'm almost pulling hair out :) I miss the old truck smell and an old 350 running alittle fat.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very sick cant wait to see more pics.
I have a ton shit going on this weekend but I will definatly get some pics. That and fix the rear running lights are top on my list this weekend.

·
Registered
221 Posts
looks good man. if u have time you should cruse down to unviversity ave sometime on a friday or saturday night.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Looks good! I havent seen any of your build. Do you have a thread in the under construction forum? I'm curious why you have both link bars so close to the diff? I would think that you would want one to be 6-12" further out just for leverage reasons. Looks awesome though. I love seeing trucks in pieces but I know how it sucks at this stage because all you want to do is drive it.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks good man. if u have time you should cruse down to unviversity ave sometime on a friday or saturday night.
if i have time it would be tomorrow night but i play at the stadium for co-ed softball, charity golf tournament saturday some where in hugo and then back to the stadium at night for a night tournament.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good! I havent seen any of your build. Do you have a thread in the under construction forum? I'm curious why you have both link bars so close to the diff? I would think that you would want one to be 6-12" further out just for leverage reasons. Looks awesome though. I love seeing trucks in pieces but I know how it sucks at this stage because all you want to do is drive it.
if you haven't seen some of my others threads. this is basically what its gonna look like assembled.

i did have a build going but there's nothing huge in it really. i decided to drop it off to crazy talk customs and step this build up a notch. as to answer your question. i requested if at all possible to keep all the bars inside the frame rails. that way i can run damn near as tall and as wide of tire as i'd like and not worry about anything being in my way and just worry about shortening the axle. nic at CTC took all his measurements and decided he could build it the way i wanted but also keep it within his standards and requirements. so he did. i don't foresee any problems.

glad you like my build thou. i've followed yours for awhile.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
if you haven't seen some of my others threads. this is basically what its gonna look like assembled.

i did have a build going but there's nothing huge in it really. i decided to drop it off to crazy talk customs and step this build up a notch. as to answer your question. i requested if at all possible to keep all the bars inside the frame rails. that way i can run damn near as tall and as wide of tire as i'd like and not worry about anything being in my way and just worry about shortening the axle. nic at CTC took all his measurements and decided he could build it the way i wanted but also keep it within his standards and requirements. so he did. i don't foresee any problems.

glad you like my build thou. i've followed yours for awhile.

Assembled it looks better. I fugured I would see it assembled and would look right. IMO, the best setup is to have the link bars inside the frame. Without the frame there they looked too close together because I don't see very many setups like that. I like it. My kp shit is great but I have the itch for a custom setup like yours. I think I'll save that for another project though. my current one needs to be done so it can be my DD.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
WOW! at another glance I realised that is exactly the setup I've been trying to picture in my head for me. Well done. It is well thought out and will work out perfect for you. Where are you putting your tanks?

·
Bagged and Bodydropped
1,750 Posts
Looks awesome!!!!

WOW! at another glance I realised that is exactly the setup I've been trying to picture in my head for me. Well done. It is well thought out and will work out perfect for you. Where are you putting your tanks?
Looks like under the cab

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Assembled it looks better. I fugured I would see it assembled and would look right. IMO, the best setup is to have the link bars inside the frame. Without the frame there they looked too close together because I don't see very many setups like that. I like it. My kp shit is great but I have the itch for a custom setup like yours. I think I'll save that for another project though. my current one needs to be done so it can be my DD.
thanks for the compliments. yea actually i was gonna get the kp rear for a long time. then the prices went up, then i saw panhards rip out, then i saw bars bend, then nobody could get bushings.... well you get the idea. so i decided to go custom and leave the fab work to the fabricators. i'm very happy with the results.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woops! I got so excited I forgot to look closely to all of the pictures. Thanks for pointing out the obvious marcos. I'll look closer next time, maybe.
yea the air tank is under the drivers side and the gas tank is the stock side saddle in the bed for now. it will be a custom fuel cell thou behind the axle in the spare tire location.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Heres some more pics. It rides really nice. Hooks up like a mother $%)#$* Gets just a tich over 10.5" of lift with the shocks in. Will lay 22/24's. Looks good feels good.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heres some more pics. It rides really nice. Hooks up like a mother $%)#$* Gets just a tich over 10.5" of lift with the shocks in. Will lay 22/24's. Looks good feels good.

thanks nic for uploading those for me. i actually really like not going with a notch cover. it really lets the work be shown. also thanks nic for the fact you took the time and re-centered the axle for me while you did all the rear suspension work. it drives me crazy seeing the axle pushed way back or pulled way forward.

as i told nic earlier today thou. i love grabbing lug in the rear, now i just need it in the front. i can't wait to level this thing out on some big rubber.

·
Registered
221 Posts
nice man! it looks like it turned out awesome. looks nice and clean, i bet your pumped to take it for a cruse. are you going to z the front eventualy so it lays out flat?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice man! it looks like it turned out awesome. looks nice and clean, i bet your pumped to take it for a cruse. are you going to z the front eventualy so it lays out flat?
i took it for a small cruise yesterday but its garage bound til i work out electrical issues. mainly the tail lights. i was in the middle of rewiring alot of things when i dropped it off to nic. now i have bugs to work out and i dont remember every wire i was messing around with. i need a wiring diagram of the main loom asap. hopefully they will be worked up this week.

as for the front. im planing on doing a dropmember from porterbuilt. it keeps the stock frame uncut and solves alot of headaches of these stock suspensions. its a easy bolt on solution.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts