GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I did a couple of mods... I added the foot lights that didn't come from the factory but should have. I also added some tfp interior door handles. Some RST billet pedals. A new escalade shift arm, and an autowoods wheel. The last thing I added was a dee-zee ez lift to lower the tail gate and I cleaned the truck. Also put in it a new optima battery. Let me know what you guys think about the looks. I would like to get a new grab handle-walnut to match my steering wheel, and assist handles if I can find some to fit an 2005 that don't bolt in but clip in(mine don't bolt in but clip in). Also looking for a billet head light knob... Any can help that would be great. Also thanks to you guys I found the part numbers and ideas for things such as the foot well lights and all, thanks again!!!!

Here are some before pictures

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Here are the after.

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

My differential cover was dirty so I cleaned it up some. Looks much better now.

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Looks good man!

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts
Nice Work!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have any stick on door chrome. Chrome metal handles on the doors and tailgate. Here is a picture.

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
You can order them online. I bought mine at a local autoparts place for like 30-40 bucks. Expensive for what it is but theyre nice to have. I hated dropping the tailgate down with one hand.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
How much did you pay for the wheel and shifter, ive told my old boss to do those same mods but thinks it will cost to much

·
OG
6,939 Posts
You gonna pull the plastic off the drivers door any time soon? werd on the handles plastic or metal they still gotta go.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
summitracing is where I got mine.... 42 dollars plus shipping, they are drop shipped from dee-zee the company that makes them. The shock is only on one side, but it works fine. I think two would be over kill. Get the part number from deezee and look it up on summitracing. Actually they only sell it as one sided, so I don't know it two would work or not and I would think it would be to strong for the weight of a tailgate.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much did you pay for the wheel and shifter, ive told my old boss to do those same mods but thinks it will cost to much
The wheel was about 230 or a little less with shipping from autowoods. The shifter from gm was about 157 from partszoneonline.com. I then bought the snap on steering wheel puller, new from ebay to save some money, I should have bough the kd-kit from sears, but I wanted the snap on which worked perfectly.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You gonna pull the plastic off the drivers door any time soon? werd on the handles plastic or metal they still gotta go.
What is wrong with my handles? I like them, the door panel was replaced because the dealer messed it up that is why the plastic is still on, I need to pull it off.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even if they are tacky they are better than the stock black plastic handles. painted look nice, but not the factory black in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Na stock black plastic is better. Go esky or tahoes man

1 - 20 of 21 Posts