GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what's up? As of late the forum that I have always loved has been starting to go down (no names) and just wanted to say hey to you guys and start hanging out with some new guys.

My Name is Brandon Cossette and i'm from Bangor Maine -- if any guys ever want to hang out in the new England area let me know.

I have an 88 gmc sierra, and pictures can be seen @ http://www.cossettesolutions.com/truck

If one of the admins can PM me or talk here about becoming a preferred member, i'd be glad to toss in a couple bucks.

It's nice to be here guys, i feel forward to learning some more.

Brandon

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
The difference is how much money you support the site with.

Welcome to the site :head:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Did that site have a T at the beginning and H at the end with EC in the middle? :haha:

Welcome over! :D

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slowsierra93 said:
Looks good man. When you gonna shave the steps? :read: :D

:gmfs:
Steps are coming off just as soon as I can get this suspension finished. Go check out "rear end restoration" I just got Hotchkis 4" drop leafs. Can I see pics of your rig finished? I never saw it dropped a little more and steps shaved! I bet it looks badass! :worship:

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OrangeCrush said:
welcome, whatre your plans for the truck?

I cant really tell whats goin on in your pics :crazy:
I just wrote like a 3 page summary of my truck going back and fourth between 2 browsers and just x'd out of it. :bawl: Let's try this again.

Here's the truck the day I got it.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New bed, rust repaired around rocker sills and cab corners, and all ready for paint sporting 3-4 different colors :anitoof:

Here I primed just the cab, because I thought I was going to paint the cab to match the bed at one point.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here she is in all primer sealer!

Now that the body is SEMI done, I just wanted to clean up the Rear suspension and get her dropped 4/6, so here's a summary of that:

Here's the primer after about 4 months, it started to fade. :pow:

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bed is off

Pulled off redneck style with dad's 45 HP Kubota Tractor. :rocking:

Here's everything still intact:

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's everything cept for axle and suspension gutted from suspension.

Here's the frame getting needlescaled, and all the holes getting welded up for cosmetic purposes:

I'm going to finish needlescaling it and then Douche it with some POR 15, and I have a new axle from the junkyard in my shop that im needlescaling and getting ready for POR 15.

I'm going with an all Hotchkis Performance 4/6 drop with 2" drop coils, 4" drop leaf springs, and belltech spindles and shackles to get the stand down to 4/6. Later I'll probably get Hellwig sway bars.

Later I'll get you guys some pics of the Rear end and some of my hotchkis stuff!

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here you can see my Hotchkis Leaf Springs and Coils, along with a new GM gas tank and sendin unit, and new Ecsta STX rear tires!

Here are a bunch of performance suspension bushings for the front! :rocking:

:D

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
onyx said:
:head2:....

you said douche.
Alright here's the update on the rear end. :rocking:

Here it is the day I bought it, 4-20-04

Here are some pics I just took after 5+ hours of needlescaling!

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's this newfangled Needlescaler im talking about:

It's basically a bunch of Hardened steel wires instead of a wire brush they're about 10 times the size of the wires on a wirebrush.

Does a good job, but my brand new crafstman 5hp 25 gallon air compressor keeps up nicely with it!

1 more picture of the rear end:

Don't mind the ugle brake drums on there, i'll be doing a disk brake conversion before it's back on the road. :driver:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts