GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
i like it. the caps also fits in very well with the truck. whats the final color going to be?

·
//Negative Camber\\
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is gonna look amazing. When does it go in for paint?
As soon as I can get it down there. It is going to a place called Demented Customs in Hobbs, NM. I just have a few things to get done before I make the road trip.

Later
Chad

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
not a fan of the camper, it doesn't match the rest of the truck. Even color matched. if a camper is a must perhaps one that has some modern lines? :shrug:

·
//Negative Camber\\
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don't know if you have ever seen one of those campers in person, but they don't look as good as they do in pictures. I like it and personally think it flows very well with the truck. We will see how it looks once it is painted. If it doesn't look good it won't stay on the truck. I am pretty sure it will look just fine though.

Later
Chad

·
99Z71 For Sale
745 Posts
im not a big fan of camper shells either.

but that rendering looks beautiful. that will look amazing.

·
Registered
534 Posts
So if you're in with Kdubaz, he eventually persuades you to get a shell huh. I had no idea lol. Damn Arizonians :crazy:

Oh and Kevins bedcover is Tits for a shell. You should roll one like that.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
ill save my judgment of the camper shell for when its all painted. for now I'll say I love all the work that you've put into this Chad, looks incredible with the BD

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
So if you're in with Kdubaz, he eventually persuades you to get a shell huh.
Funny, I said the same thing.

Actually, when we did the bodydrop on his bed a year or so ago, Chad wanted no hole in the bed at all, and the stock fenders. To make it work with everything, we cut the bed 9.5" or so, leaving a 9" deep bed. It was then that we dubbed it "the coinslot" and he decided on the shell.

Now that the bed's on, it doesn't look that bad, but he got that shell for $50, and it looks awesome. I think once the truck is done and painted, it'll be pretty tits.

Oh and he needs a pair of sliders too.

·
//Negative Camber\\
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh and he needs a pair of sliders too.
How come I knew this was comming.

Seriously though, I would love to run a shell like kevins but they dont make it for the OBS trucks. And like kevin said, my bed is only like 9 inches deep. I can't even put a spare tire in the back without it sticking up over the bed rail. I would rather put a camper so I can carry stuff in my bed. I will have a spare tire, spare parts and a tool box back there all the time and all of that is taller than the bed is deep. This camper solved that problem and looks good doing it.

This thing only cost me $50 bucks so it was worth the money just to see if I liked with the shell. Turns out I do and it also was made for the OBS trucks so it fits perfect. I am sure that it will look good in paint.

Thanks for the comments.

Later
Chad

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Dude, I think the camper shell looks dope. Its going to be a killer truck...Cant wait.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
chad im loving it, you and kevin crack me up with ur shells but you both pull it off. I hope i can be layn body with you guys soon though its so sick lookin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts