GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have 2 in drop spindles my cups are the right size and everythign. But i still dont lay frame? I'm like an 1in from laying. The only thing I'm seeing that is stoping me is my tie rods do I have to notch were my tie rods are? If so how much?

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
Bagged89Chevy said:
ok I have 2 in drop spindles my cups are the right size and everythign. But i still dont lay frame? I'm like an 1in from laying. The only thing I'm seeing that is stoping me is my tie rods do I have to notch were my tie rods are? If so how much?

I believe you do have to notch for the tie rods. Your bumpstop is cut I assume, I forget if you have to notch for the lower control arms or not? Someone with somemore 88-98 bagging know-how will chime in soon.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
88-98's require notching for the tie rods unless you've got the ART arms. I wouldn't lay the truck on the tie rods either with that muc weight you're liable to snap them or bend them severely.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
fiveeightchevy said:
88-98's require notching for the tie rods unless you've got the ART arms. I wouldn't lay the truck on the tie rods either with that muc weight you're liable to snap them or bend them severely.
:word: and make sure you reinforce the notch with some tubing (typically done with tubing...)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
groundscraper said:
:word: and make sure you reinforce the notch with some tubing (typically done with tubing...)
Here’s a pic of how codeman and I notched his tie rods. I believe the tubing was 2 5/8” with a 3/16” wall thickness. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont lay it out so they havent been touched. Well I mean when I work on my trukc and I'm looking at it yeah its on them but tahts the only time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts