GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will an 89 obs lay the front end out with out drop spindles if i am running stock wheels and tires, tire size is 225-75-15. see i was thinkin of doing a flip in the rear which will put me at 9 inches of drop, go ahead and weld in my c notch for the 22's and then just bag the front for now. but if i can lay out without the 2" drop spindles for now it will allow me 150 more bucks to put towards the rest of the air ride stuff. i am gonna run two 5 gal tanks one for the front and one for the rear, and two compressors, so right now i can just buy one of each.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
no, you need the drop spindles to lay the front, even if you do level the back off to ride lower. without the drop spindles, your control arm rests on the frame where the bump stops are suppose to be. trust me, just go get the spindles they are well worth it.

trust me, dont rush any of this..if you try to cut corners, you'll just be redoing it later on.

good luck...if you run a stocker, you can't put the drop spindles unless you trim both sides of the control arm for the rim to have enough clearance to turn. you'll have to beat the underside of your passanger fender up because when you lay down the tires will rub the fender lip where it comes together for your air filter...which goes into the right fender.

i dont know if you are going to take the gas tank out and put a fuel cell or not...but whatever you do.."if" you take the gas tank out..and you cut that plate that runs across the frame rails....reweld a support to keep the frame from bowing out <that's if you are doing a canti setup in the rear>

any questions just ask...im sure someone will know.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i got a fuel cell to put in, also i will be bracing and beefing up the frame

1 - 3 of 3 Posts