GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellaz? I've come to you all for your help in this matter when i get my wheels i plan on runnin 265/35/22's or possibly 265/30/22's but until then i will be bagging my truck on the stock tires. I'm not worried about the front because i know what all i would have to remove to have the stock tires fit up there and lay out, but the rear is what i need your help with. can i lay out in the rear with the stock tires and keep my bed intact.

i plan on having a rear bed/notch setup as follows:
http://www.psicustoms.com/pictures/evan/evan.shtml

any feedback is appreciated

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
largest tire for underbed notch is the 255/35/20. Check the height of those vs stockers.

255/35's are 27" tall. If stockers are shorter than that, you can lay out with that notch.

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
its possible to lay out on 285/35/22's int he back on a nbs. i have my friends 22" b/ coddings on my truck and my notch is under bed and the tires bottom out on the fender well and it lays frame. the shop that did my bags also has a truck on 295/30/22's that lays frame with out going through the bed with the notch.

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
oh yeah that pinch weld that holds together the fender well to the bed side, i cut that out and welded a 1" peice of metal in its place. it gave me another inch or so

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i ran stock tires for awhile on my truck, and i didn't lay out. I could just slam my truck on the ground, and the truck would bounce off the tires in the fender wells. So no, you won't be able to lay out with stock tires on a NBS truck, But if you got new tires... then thats a whole different story. My pinch welds have been bent b/c of when i drove with the back end down and it slowly wore them down. THe tire i believe is 30 inches tall? I might be mistaken though, but you shouldn't lay on the stock tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts