GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven’t be able to find anything on my search quest. I did happen to run across this site on the forum http://www.kplinks.com/home.php?cat=97 which looks pretty good compared to random google searches. With what I’ve seen on GMFS its either bagging a truck to lower or adding bags to the leafs for towing. Ive been thinking of maybe doing a complete swap from leafs to bags in the rear only for now. From what I can see on that site the (10 bolt watta link, and 4 link will be needed) Correct me if I’m wrong? I don’t have much if any knowledge of bagging fyi but do know about the bags, electric/belt driven pumps, valves and fittings etc.

I want to possibly gain 2-3 inches (<----not my reasoning for thinking about the swap) of height max in the rear at a fully pressurized system, basically staying stock height when kept at normal pressure. I’m wanting to do this for a better ride, adjustable heights, more towing capacity etc. As these systems are far more superior than leafs :imo Any pointers you all can throw at me like bolt on links I need, diagrams, threads and or companies to purchase from? Are these the right parts for what I want to do on that site or just for lowing a FS? I still go mudding sometimes, pull the boat, pull the tractor, work around my grandmahs farm and its my DD now. Ever since I totaled my DD in January :flame: the Z has been getting a hell of a lot more attention now. Thanks so much for any help provided!!

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
Let me get this straight. You want bags for ride quality purposes and have no interest in laying frame?

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me get this straight. You want bags for ride quality purposes and have no interest in laying frame?
yes...not worth it huh?

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
yes...not worth it huh?
If you never plan to off road the truck then the kp kit would be alright but if you plan to off road the truck then you'll want a setup oriented for it.

Air bags when done correctly ride amazing. I've had 2vehicles that I daily'd that I bagged. Both of them were way more enjoyeable to drive then conventional leaf spring trucks. Most will say it's a waste of money but that is really all in the eye of the money holder

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you never plan to off road the truck then the kp kit would be alright but if you plan to off road the truck then you'll want a setup oriented for it.

Air bags when done correctly ride amazing. I've had 2vehicles that I daily'd that I bagged. Both of them were way more enjoyeable to drive then conventional leaf spring trucks. Most will say it's a waste of money but that is really all in the eye of the money holder

Wont be cheap I know this, that’s why the rear will be done first. Hell I don’t even know if the front on a 4x4 can be done. Not to worried about this at the moment though. I’m sure a huge difference could be felt with only the rear besides the other added benefits. If I start poring money into to this truck don’t even know if I will go mudding anymore but still want it off road capable. I don’t ever plan on selling or getting rid of it since I paid it off myself.....So I don’t spending. Any specific company that you recommend since KP isn’t best for my application? :shake:

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
I just think you might want to look into a little beefer 4 bars than what kp kit is. Its plenty strong but a beefer setup will only help you when it comes to using the truck to do work or play off road.

You wont find a really beefy bolt on 4 link. It will be something you have to weld on. Bagging the from is very possible as well you just have to place the bag on the upper control arm instead of lower. All this is very possible and would be sick but it will require fabrication and time. I wish i could actually get someone close to me to let me do this cause i think it could be sick

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just think you might want to look into a little beefer 4 bars than what kp kit is. Its plenty strong but a beefer setup will only help you when it comes to using the truck to do work or play off road.

You wont find a really beefy bolt on 4 link. It will be something you have to weld on. Bagging the from is very possible as well you just have to place the bag on the upper control arm instead of lower. All this is very possible and would be sick but it will require fabrication and time. I wish i could actually get someone close to me to let me do this cause i think it could be sick

Will consist of ALOT of fabrication and time, though I do have someone that can do the fab work and is very good. My only flaw is he has no experience in the area of what I’m wanting to be done. FML That’s why I’m really thinking about finding someone that can/has done something like this or similar....then start buying my parts.

Mounting bags on top of a-arms was what I was thinking for the front but thought that Idea was insane!! That’s why I didn’t ask "yet" at least and I’m only doing the back for now. I bet the top a-arm would need to be swapped for a beefier one though, since its not built to withstand the weight of the truck
. If I can really make ALL this happen with the right knowledgeable fabricator it will be fawken badazz!!

http://qualityairride.com/4-link-kits/thorbecke-brothers/watts-link-universal-kit

http://qualityairride.com/4-link-kits/thorbecke-brothers/parallel-4-link-kit

whatcha think?

:hmm: Yessss.....looks beefy :imo Thanks man, that place look to have everything I could possibly need :shake:

Know anyone who has done anything similar to what I’m thinking about?

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
There's a lot of people that do bags in the uca. Yes a new one needs to be made but that's not a big deal really

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's a lot of people that do bags in the uca. Yes a new one needs to be made but that's not a big deal really
:suicide2: Even more fab work...I needzz to find a badass fab guy stat! :rofljest: (so down time is to a minimum)

Ray- Your not to far from me....got someone you would recomend or hell you got teh skillz?

May not be lowered but uhh both of yalls trucks :worship:

·
TCBCK
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts