GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have had my lift for about 2 months and i thought my leafs would break in by now. I know 10" leafs aren't going to ride good but still, i don't think they'd be this bad.

My question is, will they loosen up or is just how they are? oh yah, one more question....i really get no travel in the rear, this is because they are stiff as hell right?

I'm thinking about just throwing around 150-200lbs of weight while i just drive around so the ride isn't as bad

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think it looks like poop....i'm thinking about getting 7" leafs with a 3" hanger or just say screw it and ride it out untill my 10bolt goes. Then coilver the rear with a 14bolt

who knows but this is awfully :gay:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
The more arch you put in a spring the less it will want to flex.

I think I would Flip the shackle out back and order a set of Alcans to get you up to the height you are now :imo

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
you must have gotton some stiff ass leafs, why I dropped the cash on a really good pair. The 6" pack I have in now is flexy, alot moreso than stock even. They were made to exactly how I wanted them, if I pull the tire out of the bed they dont ride nearly as good.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much would a custom 10" run me? how much could i get for the ones i have?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
well myt 6" alcan pack was about 600 bucks, but I see why now, they are awesome springs. They looked stiff as hell at first but flex way better than I thought. Ill leyt you knwo about the ride once I get shocks on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts