GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
LIKE WHOA!!!
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 gmc sierra SLE reg cab short bed and it has leather seats. They are pretty well done, but it seems that they arne't upholstered that good, making me think a previous owner had them recovered. Around the flip down console there is a nice bead of black adhesive glue stuff that also doens't look too professional. maybe im being picky, but something seems fishy. Either let me know if your SLE of this year or similar had leather seats, or if these seats are completely aftermarket, which will kind of make me :pissed: Thanks -Ryan

·
LIKE WHOA!!!
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, well if you saw them, then they are probably stock. mine do not have heaters, which would be right. the vehicle was leased for 3 yrs, so i doubt that owner would have done it, and then a 65 yr old guy owned it for a year, and i doubt he did it. well lets just say i guess GM needs to drug test their seat coverers! lol.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I think you are too picky. My SLE came with everything BUT Leather :nono:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I wasnt aware of being able to get leather in a regular cab. Unless it was after market? Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I was told when I wanted leather in my 04 single cab...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Well if the seats are in good shape, but some of it is comming out of the flip down, I would just say it wasnt glued good. On my katzkins you just sprayed some glue in the edge and then tucked the leather around. So maybe that is just letting loose. I would try and touch it up before I spent 500+ on new leathers

·
LIKE WHOA!!!
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
check my website for pics, and see what you think. yes i am picky. -Ryan

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Nice ride Ryan:head: The leather looks like its stock, if I were you I'd just save up for some katskinz because the GM leather is shitty :ninja:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
I wasnt aware of being able to get leather in a regular cab. Unless it was after market? Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I was told when I wanted leather in my 04 single cab...
You can only get leather in SLE ext. cabs or crew cabs...regular cab SLEs does not have a leather interior option and there are no SLT (SLT comes standard with leather) regular cabs...

Nice clean truck BTW :head: Leather looks nice in the reg cab...and are those Denali Rims :naughty:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Nice truck! I've never seen that color leather before with a dark dash and paneling. I have that color leather but the rest of my truck matches as well. Maybe the seats were swapped in? Or someone took the stock cloth off and replaced it with factory leather off a truck that went to an aftermarket leather?

Either way, your truck looks great :D

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah that's been put in there cause you can tell by the console with leather on it. They didn't start that until 03, before that it was cloth.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Yeah that's been put in there cause you can tell by the console with leather on it. They didn't start that until 03, before that it was cloth.
My 00 has leather seats and the console is covered in "leather" (looks more like vinyl or pleather).

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
My 00 has leather seats and the console is covered in "leather" (looks more like vinyl or pleather).
Yeah that's what I was saying it had to be done like that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts