GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fa Kin Su Pah
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys use on your leather seats so they last and not get a wore out look. especially on the side closest to the door where you slide across to get in. ive seen trucks where that spot was totally wore out and i dont want mine to end up like that.

·
LAKERS N DODGERS 4 LIFE!!
628 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I have some poorboys leather stuff on the site that may interest you. Its a one step product unlike something like lexol which you apply a cleaner first, then go to a conditioner last. Lexol also works great, and you can pick that up locally.
One thing to note though, if you have some very dirty leather (or even dash/door panels), I'd suggest cleaning it first with p21s total auto wash and a soft bristled brush. Then follow w/ something like leather stuff for some protection and conditioning.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
main thing is to not slide off of your seat so much entering/exiting the vehicle. No amount of conditioner/cleaner is going to stop wear and tear if you drag your ass over that spot a dozen times a day.

·
Registered
446 Posts
main thing is to not slide off of your seat so much entering/exiting the vehicle. No amount of conditioner/cleaner is going to stop wear and tear if you drag your ass over that spot a dozen times a day.
Werd. I have the biggest pet peeve about sliding around on the my seats. EVERY time i get in my truck i grab hold of the a pillar with my left hand and then put my right hand on my center console (which happens to be my toolbox) to basically be able to sit right down in the seat and not slide in. I do this same thing when getting out. It might seem like a pain in the ass at first but after doing it for a year and a half i can't imagine getting in the truck any other way. Plus my $600 katzkins still look as good as the day they were put on.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oh yea and to keep mine looking good i like to use Zaino products. I first use their leather cleaner and then their leather conditioner. Its leather smell is almost like crack its soo good.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Oh yea and to keep mine looking good i like to use Zaino products. I first use their leather cleaner and then their leather conditioner. Its leather smell is almost like crack its soo good.
Yeah the Zaino conditioner really works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts